Chapter 2

Top left corner- Violet Hood (15)Bottom left corner- Barry Hood (17)Top right corner- twins Carter (boy) and Piper (girl) Hemmings (16)Middle right- Cassidy Clifford (16)Bottom right- Jasper Irwin (16)

Bottom left corner- Barry Hood (17)
Top right corner- twins Carter (boy) and Piper (girl) Hemmings (16)
Middle right- Cassidy Clifford (16)
Bottom right- Jasper Irwin (16)

Barry's pov

"What happens if that cop manages to make your parents believe his shitty excuses?" Jasper asks me, sipping on his orange soda. I stare down into my Mountain Dew can, "He already has. There's no if about it." Jasper chokes on his soda, almost spitting it all over himself.

"I've looked at cases like these, they'll look for her for a while, have some things on the news, but eventually, Violet's file will be on the bottom of the stack and they'll forget all about it," Piper tells me, her expression serious. She was obsessed with crime shows and stuff like that.

"By then, it might be too late for my little sister," I whisper, my throat dry. I take a small sip of my soda.

"Maybe we should just take matters into our own hands and go find her ourselves," Carter suggests. He was always spontaneous. He never really thought before he spoke. I think for a second, then my face lights up.

"Oh no. Barry, you know that I miss Violet like crazy, but that's just insane. We can't track her down. Your parents would never let us. Not even mentioning what the cops would do if they found out. Officer Marcus already hates you enough," Cassidy protests, trying to talk me out of my plan. But it was too late. The idea had formed in my brain and once that happens, there's no changing my mind. I get that from my mum.

"Wait, Bear, are you suggesting that we run away to try to find Vi?" Carter questions, his eyes wide with excitement. Cassidy's frown deepens.

"That's exactly what I'm saying. I mean, no one else is going to do anything. We're Violet's best chance. We can do this," I say confidently, my mood lifting.

"You can count me in buddy," Jasper tells me.

"Us too. This is my kind of thing," Piper says, smiling at me. Carter was grinning just as widely. We all turn to look at Cassidy.

"Cass, you don't have to go if you don't want to," Jasper starts.

She shakes her head no, "You all know that we're a team. We're going to find Violet, even if I think this is a really bad idea." I smile at her.

"We should sneak out tonight. Just bring a backpack with essentials. No cell phones or electronic devices because they can be tracked. We'll need food, drinks, and all the cash we can get. We can't pay with credit cards because they can be traced," Piper warns. We all nod and listen to her carefully.

"Remember that you can't act any differently around your parents other wise they'll suspect something's up. We're all under house arrest and need to sneak out. Meet in front of my house at two thirty," Jasper adds.

"Thank you guys so much for helping me with finding Violet," I blurt out, unable to expression my full gratitude for my friends.

"No problem Barry. We all want Violet back and are completely willing to help to get her back," Carter assures me. I nod, more than ready for this plan to start.