Chapter 2

Coach Lusic's pov
"Hey Tom(assistant coach) did you look at the football sign up sheet?"
"I didn't why? Is somebody new on there?"
"Yeah look at this "
"Brianna Smith... a girl?"
"What the hell is she doing she's gonna get her ass kicked"
"I don't know I guess we will have to ask her at our first practice tomorrow"
"I guess"

1st practice....
Brianna's pov
Todays first practice. We start a month
before school starts...
I get in my dads truck as he takes me to practice.
"Im down to 165"
" wow good job. Your gonna show those boys what you got alright"
"Okay" I said as leaving the truck.
I walk to the school and open the doors to the gym. I walk in and everyone turns I was about 5 min early. But everyone was already here.

"Brianna?" Sterling said "is that you?"
I nod my head.
"Wow" he looked shocked as I was 65 pounds lighter and a little more muscular.
All the people I new well looked shocked at my new complexion. I walked to where everyone was and started talking to Chris. Then the coach entered....

"Listen up! I'm gonna take attendance to see who's here and who's not. Then we will go outside and start right away"
Names were called off like crazy one by one. Multiple here's were coming from every direction of the room.
"Brianna"
"Here" I softly say.
"Brianna? Are you here I didn't hear you"
"Here!" I shout
"Good! let's get on the field!"
Everyone runs out on the field and drops there stuff on the gym floor on the way out. I run and notice I have no problems. Then I hear my name.

"Brianna! Wait!" Coach shouts
I stop and wait for him to catch up

" what made you want to come on the team?"

"I wanted to be more in shape and dedicated to the things I do"

" okay but you are the only girl"

"I know"

" okay well whatever you want go ahead " he tapped me and off I was to the field 
I was doing stuff on my own. I was sitting there stretching on the ground when someone sat down next to me.

" Hey " Marcus mumbled
"Um hi"
"Don't worry I'm not gonna be a jerk if you were thinking that"
I giggled and continued stretching.
"Why did you join the team if you knew you were gonna be the only girl?"
"Because it's a free country"
"Sassy"
"I get like that"
"I like it"
Couch blew the whistle to huddle together.
" well" he said as getting up "welcome to the team" he said as he put a hand out for me to grab.
"Thanks" I said as a grabbed his hand. He yanked me up and I ran into him.
"Damn you are light as a feather"
I laughed and we huddled in.

Coach- everyone we have a new teammate and even though she's a girl doesn't mean we can't treat her like family. And practice exactly like we always do. Now let's get on the field and do some practice.

We practiced for an hour and a half and walked back into the school. Everyone changed and we were aloud to leave I ran into Marcus on the way out.
"Hey" he said
"Hey"
"You were great at practice you handled it really well. "
"Thanks"
"Yeah"
"I'll see you in two days"
"Yup see you then"

With that my dad picked me up and I was home. I made it through a practice unharmed and no nasty words were thrown at me. Practice was actually kinda fun to. Lots of joking around but I know it will defiantly get a lot harder.