1

"Maybe you should kill yourself, Frank. It would make the world a whole lot better."

The group around Frank snickered and kicked him over and over. It was always like this.

"Hey!"

Frank was just as shocked as the boys around him when he heard the voice.

"Leave him alone!"

It was Gerard.

Stupid asshole, Frank thought. He's gonna get himself hurt.

Frank wanted to see how it went but he blacked out before anything happened.

"Frank. Frankie, please wake up."

Frank groaned as he sat up and was attacked by a headache.

"Where am I?"

Frank locked eyes with Gerard and groaned.

"Why?"

"We're in the nurse's office," Gerard said ignoring the second question.

"Why did you help me?"

Gerard looked over at Frank. "Because I wanted to."

"Well, don't. You'll get hurt."

"I don't care."

Well, I do.

That's what Frank was about to say but the nurse entered a moment later. She check on him and Gerard. When she let them go, Frank snuck out of school as there was only thirty minutes left anyway.

"Are you seriously skipping?"

Frank jumped when he heard Gerard behind him.

They were at a park near the school they both attended. They'd both been coming here for solitude for years. Just never together.

"Why are you fucking following me?"

Gerard winced at Frank's harsh tone.

Before he could speak, Frank turned and faced him.

"Gerard, no one gives a shit about me. No one has and no one ever will. I've come to terms with it but you," he poked his finger in Gerard's face. "Need to understand. I don't need you. I don't need friends because soon, I'll be dead."

Gerard looked at Frank with broken eyes.

"What do you-"

"Oh, come on, Gerard. You know what I mean. Its not like you give a fuck anyway."

That's when Frank took off, his sneakers slapping against the pavement.

He's made himself think no one cares. Ever since his dad left him when he was ten, he's always seen it as his dad didn't care. Now, he believes no one does.

Frank had ran to his favorite place: The woods behind his house. It was also behind Gerard's house, seeing as they're neighbors.

Frank has been coming out here since his dad left. Its his place to find comfort in himself. Its also where he thinks. It's a heaven and a hell.

"Frank!"

Goddamn it, Frank thought.

"Why the fuck are you following me? Go home!"

Gerard stayed where he was.

"No."

That's when Frank started sobbing. Gerard just sunk down beside him.