"Conflict"

I had waited a few days to go back to the barn. I had been waiting for the University of Tennessee to send back their letter.

Whenever the mail guy came, I'd rush up, and see that it was only a newspaper or Buster's SmartPac supplements.

But finally, after a few days of anxiously waiting, I got it. I was so nervous. I took the letter in, and opened the envelope. I pulled out the paper, and long story short, I got in. I imminently started spamming my friends, to tell them the good news, and if they got in.

My friends were named Selena and Carly. They were the best, and they got me through hard times, like my mom.

Ashley: OMG OMG OMG!!!! 😃

Selena: What? What? What? 😜

Ashley: I GOT IN!!! 😄😄😄

Selena: Really?! Im so proud of u! 😊

Ashley: Thanks! U?

Selena: I havent gotten da letter yt, but my mail doesn't come till later.😕

Ashley: M Kay good luck! I'm going to tell Carly and see if she got in. 😀

Selena: Ok! See ya!😉

Then, I went to text her, but I got a FaceTime from her. "Hey!" She said. She had her long, blonde hair all up in a messy bun, and a Superman t-shirt.

"Hi!" I said back to her with a smile. "So," she began, "did you get in?" "Yes! I did I can't believe it!" I said excitedly. "Guess what," she started, "Me too!" She said.
"eeeeeeeeeeee!" we squealed.

"Guess what else," I said. "What?" She said "I have a new horse! His name is Phantom!" I said with a smile. "Really? That's great!" She said with a huge grin. "Thanks!" We talked about Phantom for awhile and our dreams of collage.

Then, she said goodbye to me, and I said goodbye to her. I sat on the couch, and watched the morning news.

Then, I decided to get up and go to the barn. I just put on my usual, and left. When I got there, I saw a large grey Dodge truck parked in the parking lot.

When I got out of my car, I looked in the barn to see a tall thoroughbred mare standing in the cross ties. There was also a guy, he was brushing her down. He was a very handsome guy too, he had sky blue eyes, and neatly cut hair. He was wearing a flannel,
button up shirt, and worn blue jeans.

Something told me that I needed to talk to him, so I quietly walked up to him. He had just finished with the curry comb, and his mare was very dusty. Just when I was about to talk to him, he unknowingly brushed a bunch of dust in my face. I coughed a little bit, and wiped my face as he looked over.

"Sorry!" He cried grabbing a nearby towel, and giving it to me. "Don't worry it's fine," I said while wiping the last of the dirt away. His mare snorted, and furiously pawed the ground. " Uh, I have to continue with Luna here," he said awkwardly.

"Real quick, what's your name," I asked. "Scott," he replied. "I'm Ashley, but you can call me Ash if you want," I said, thinking that I was blabbering.

Luna pranced in the crossties and whinnied loudly. "Ok I'll catch you later," I said taking a step away. When I stepped back, I ran into a bucket full of bran mash for the old horses. I fell, and the sticky mash went everywhere. In my face, and my hair.