Chapter 6: Madness

I do not own any Naruto characters or settings.  I only own my OC, Musei Shiro

This chapter contains some detailed descriptions of violence.

I hope you enjoy the story of Shiro, the Weeping Samurai of the Land of Iron!

~~~*~~~

"My name," the shinobi murmured as the wind blew his raven hair to the side of his face, "is Uchiha Itachi."

Shiro stared blankly at him, her shimmering gaze unblinking as it bore into the ninja's.

"Uchiha...Itachi."

The raven-haired ninja just stared at her back, his eyes calm as the surface of a shining lake.  His foot crept up towards her, the snow crunching beneath his black shinobi sandals; Shiro stayed frozen in place, her blades hanging uselessly from her grasp.

"And...where are you from...?"

"Konohagakure," Itachi grunted as he towered over the girl.  "Formerly.  The Akatsuki is my residence now."

Shiro flickered her eyes to the ground,  a bright shade of crimson rising in her shallow cheeks.

"And who is this...Orochimaru?" she stressed the name, the word dripping with poison but her eyes remained blank and bottomless.

"A former Akatsuki memeber," the raven-haired shinobi mumbled.  "He deviated from the group a couple years ago and now he's on the run.  Rumor has it he has created his own ninja village in the Land of Rice Paddies, and his hideout is somewhere located in the country also."

Shiro's onyx hues hardened to stone.

"We're going there first," she demanded.  "To find my sister.  Where is it?"

The Akatsuki shinobi remained standing over her, his long cloak wavering in the icy wind.  The Uchiha blinked his dark eyes.

"Northeast from here, above the Land of Fire."

The girl scowled.

"You'll show me the way, right?" she muttered as she raised her eyebrow.

Itachi stared back with an unrelenting gaze, solid and firm.

"Of course," he said bleakly, "it's what our deal demands, isn't it?"

Shiro stood there in the snow for a few seconds, pondering on the outcomes of the deal she had just made.

As long as I get Yoru back, she thought to herself, her pale face wiped clean, my entire image can be destroyed if everyone desires.  Yoru's safety is all that matters...

Shiro's black eyes snapped up to meet the Uchiha's, a flash of struggle straining in her orbs.

"Our mission as a team," she said slowly, staring into the man's empty gaze, "is to retrieve my sister and bring her to safety.  Killing is not a priority.  Minimum bloodshed is required, understood?"

Itachi grunted in acknowledgement, but then stepped aside to reveal the giant figure of a ruthless Mist Swordsman.

"I can't promise a totally bloodless journey," Kisame chuckled as he smirked darkly.  "But I'll try to restrain myself."

Shiro scoffed.

"Consider yourself fortunate." Itachi glowered down at the girl.  "You must have a pretty good impression on Kisame if he's suppressing his urge to kill for you."

"Oi, Itachi!" Kisame growled from behind him.  "Don't go around planting gossip like that now.  Let's just be on our way and help this shojo get back her sister already."