Chapter 14: Creation

I do not own any Naruto characters or settings.  I only own my OC, Musei Shiro.

Warning:  This chapter contains vivid contents of blood and violence.

I hope you enjoy the story of Shiro, the Weeping Samurai of the Land of Iron!

~~~*~~~

“Tousan...”

“What is it, my tenshi (angel)?”

“What are you doing?”

Ichiro blinked, setting down his work upon his desk as he slowly set his eyes upon his only daughter, staring up at him with wondrous round black orbs. He could only let out a smile as his gaze fell upon the said angel's face.

“I'm crafting something,” he said simply, returning back to his work. “Something that will protect you in the future.”

The girl cocked her head to the side, her chin-length white hair glowing in the golden candlelight.

Tousan...” the young girl babbled again.

“Yes, Shiro?”

“Why do I need to be protected? Is there something that will hurt me?”

Ichiro pressed his lips into a thin line, his clear blue eyes glued onto his work.

“The world is full of strange things...” he murmured softly, puzzling his young daughter. “Those things will one day try to take you away. Whether if they try to steal you away from your mother and I, or if they try to steal your identity away from your own self, you must always remember to return to heart, Shiro; where your true self lies.”

Shiro, sucking her thumb like the child she was, gazed up at her father, who leaned in above his desk to focus on the object he tinkered upon. She blinked curiously.

“My...true self, Tousan?”

“Mhmm...”

Shiro thought for another long moment, trying to process the complicated words through her four-year-old mind. She smiled.

“I like the sky,” she squeaked.

The random comment made Ichiro burst into a light laughter, pushing his thin wire glasses back up on his slender nose. A smile made its way across his smooth face.

Sora (the sky)?” he chuckled. “Why do you like the sky, tenshi?”

Shiro blinked again, sucking her thumb in thoughtfulness. She took a sharp breath before staring up at her father.

“I like it when the sky is blue,” she mumbled through her thumb. “When the clouds are away and when the sky is just blue, like that time when Okaasan and you and me were on the cliff that one time...we ate apples and carrots and peanut butter and celery...”

“Yes yes, I remember, my tenshi,” Ichiro laughed. “I remember when the sky was as blue as the flowers that grew on the cliffs during summertime...”

“Yeah, like that!” Shiro squeaked, a beaming smile spreading across her round face. “Like the flowers!”

“Well, why not white?” Ichiro asked his daughter, turning back to his work. “The snow here is frequent, and it's also a very nice color.”