Chapter 10: Control

I do not own any Naruto characters or settings.  I only own my OC, Musei Shiro.

This chapter does not contain any descriptions of blood or violence.

I hope you enjoy the story of Shiro, the Weeping Samurai of the Land of Iron!

~~~*~~~

The morning dawned upon the slumbering trio, all gathered around the ash pit that had long extinguished from its blazing flames. Inside the cool cavern, Shiro shifted in her place, the morning sun peering over the rocky mountains of the Land of Earth. She let out a sigh, breathing in the chilly air as her slender hand grasped the fabric beneath her...

She gasped as she shot up, throwing the thick cloak that covered her to the side and waking Itachi from under her. He groaned in protest as he reached up to her hip and attempted to lower her back down on his stomach, which was now empty from her warm presence.

“Shiro-san...” he mumbled, his eyes still closed.

“Itachi-san,” Shiro whispered, her hand slightly shaking his shoulder. “It's time to wake up, Itachi-san.”

“I've been awake,” he replied simply, his voice husky and low. “I never get that much sleep these days.”

“Nevertheless,” she sighed, reaching her arms up to stretch, “we have to get moving. My sister is waiting for my arrival...”

“Alright,” Itachi grunted, letting out a deep exhale. He slowly sat up and wrapped his other arm around her tiny waist, pulling her into a tight embrace. He buried his nose inside her long white hair, sighing deeply. “I'll wake up Kisame.”

His whisper was soft and tender, unlike the usual huskiness. Shiro shivered as Itachi stood up, pulling his warm arms away from her shoulders. He ambled over to the slumbering beast of a man and kicked him roughly on the side. Kisame grunted in reply, groaning in protest as he rolled over on his side.

“Five more minutes...” Kisame moaned, a low, threatening vibe ringing in his deep voice.

Itachi scoffed, glowering down at the man who continued to slumber. Respecting the swordsman though, Itachi calmly walked away, offering a hand to Shiro.

“Let's make use of this time,” he murmured simply. “I told you we could find out what your Chakra nature is earlier. Since Kisame needs another hour to recuperate, so this would be the perfect time to do it.”

Shiro gazed up at the shinobi, glossy-eyed, and gave him a curt nod.

Hai.”

Itachi reached into his pocket and pulled out a thin, crinkled piece of squared paper.

“Now, in order for you to do this, you have to master Chakra control, since you'll be pouring your energy into this piece of paper.”

“But Itachi-san,” Shiro stared blankly at the piece of yellowing paper. “I've never even felt the presence of Chakra within me. Are you sure I even have Chakra?”

“Everyone must have Chakra to live,” Itachi explained. “It depends on the person though on the size of their Chakra reserves. For all we know, you could have just barely enough Chakra in order to survive.”

Shiro narrowed her eyes, glaring at the man in front of her.

“How do you master Chakra control?” she hissed.

“Focus on the spiritual energy that courses through you,” the shinobi closed his eyes and breathed deeply through his nose. “Feel the Chakra flowing through you like how water flows in a stream. Once you feel it, focus on one particular spot on your body – in this case, your hands – so the energy can flow to that spot. Compare this to blocking several streams so the water can flow into a reservoir.”