𝟖 | 𝐄𝐱𝐚𝐦

Please enjoy the bonus scene I've added at the end of the chapter! 😊 

"We will now start the final exam. When your name is called, proceed into the testing room. The final test will be on the Clone Jutsu."

Almost like an automatic response, I look over and up at Naruto, who looks very tense. Two months ago, I began my first official class with the other students, along with my one-on-one sessions every other day with Iruka-sensei. The days in between were spent practicing his teachings when I got home. And, I was spent. Two months of nonstop training and practice left very little time for resting or enjoying my time in my new home. For a while, I barely saw Naruto. Sometimes he would visit me, and I would make something simple for us to eat together while we studied. He'd been having so much trouble with the Clone Jutsu, which is understandable. I only feel bad that I managed to pull it off within the two-month goal I'd set.

One thing I'd quickly learned about Naruto—he is a good procrastinator. There were times where all he wanted to do was goof around. I couldn't do that. I needed to reach my goal. I've learned a lot over the past two months. With these new skills and abilities under my belt, I have great confidence in myself over today's Genin Exam.

So far, studying Ninjutsu methods and techniques were my favourite. All the different types that work in harmony alongside the proper chakra output and the proper focus are incredible. Iruka-sensei only introduced to me a couple, such as the Transformation Jutsu and the Clone Jutsu, and even how to safely move around quickly using chakra to enhance ourselves. Jokingly, I'd also asked him if he could teach me the Sexy Jutsu. I-It was a risky joke, of course; I'd ended up having to do laps around the village again, but, oh, his reaction... I think Makara-sensei and Naruto would be proud of me.

I'd also learned that if you utilized it properly, chakra can make you run really fast! At the time, I'd thought about it long and hard. I got here by running through the trees in the forest, so I guess I'd already been using my chakra subconsciously.

Genjutsu is a very interesting concept. Just like the other students, I'd only been taught the ways to recognize a Genjutsu and how to break out of one, but never how to actually cast one...