Dream 8

"Gabby turn down the music please. It's raining like crazy out here and I don't think I can see the road very well anymore." I said slowing down my driving now. It doesn't normally storm this hard in Ohio but tonight I guess was an exception. Now I'm not scared of thunderstorms, I love them, but driving at 11pm with thunder and lightning being the only light, made driving much harder.

"God I swear if you hit something I will never trust you again." Gabby said besides me.

"I won't hit anything I swear. Oh SHIT!!" I slammed on the breaks.

Right in front of us the lightning had struck but the craziest part of the situation was that it had struck the poor guy in front of us who was on a motorcycle. The poor guy got stuck in the storm and now, stuck by lightning. Gabby and I just sat there. We watched and waited hoping the poor guy would get back up. But nothing, he just lay there stuck half under his bike, and immobile. I started to get worried. I put the car in park.

"Gi, what do you think you're doing??" Gabby said wide eyed next to me.

I turned to her, "Gabby we can't just leave him there. He got struck by lightning and now he's not moving. I'm going to go get him."

I said this and started to open the door. It was raining way harder now that the storm was pretty much right over us. Without worry, I raced out in the rain and tried to see the guys face. His bike was smoking up s bit and I thought I could smell a gas leak... that's not good. I went to the guys side, and tried to see if he was awake. His whole body was cold, and he didn't seem to be conscious. I poked him and tried to shove his arm a bit but it did nothing. I got worried. I could see some blood from one of his arms and a giant scratch on a leg. I decided to just do what I could and got the bike back up and pushed it away from him. Then I grabbed him underneath his arms and started to drag him to the car.

I turned my head towards Gabby as I struggled to drag the guy over. "GABBY! OPEN THE DOOR FOR ME!!" I yelled to her.

Somehow she got it, and opened the door and continued to freak out. "Gabby get a hold of yourself. Get in the driver's side okay, you're going to have to drive the rest of the way to school which isn't too much." I said without another complaint, she moved over to the driving seat. I had finally got the guy into the back seat. I closed the door and quickly went to the trunk and grabbed the spare blanket I have in there. Then I went back around and opened the door picking his head up again, and sat down in the seat resting his head and chest in my lap.

"Okay Gabby let's go." I said draping the blanket over the stranger. I leaned forward and grabbed the few napkins that were sitting in the counsel and pressed them on the cut on his leg since that one was bleeding more than his arm.

It didn't take too long to get back to campus which was very fortunate for us. "Gabby call Cam, we are going to need help to get this guy to our room." I said and she did as she was told.

Cam came down quickly right as Gabby and I were entering the lobby of the dorm, "What is this?" he asked us.

"Lightning hit this guy who was driving a motorcycle and I just couldn't leave him since he's unconscious so impulsively I took him and we're going to hope that he will be okay very soon?" I said getting worried.

It was a struggle but much easier than it would have been getting the guy up now that Cam was with us. We got the guy up and into our room. We decided to put him in my bed since Gabby and I did bunking and mine was the bottom one. Once he was down, Gabby and Cam left and I took the time to get changed out of the wet clothes I was in. That was when I remembered that this guy was soaking wet...Shoot. I quickly remembered that when my brother stayed over he forgot some clothes, so I went to the back of my closet and grabbed the clothing which consisted of a t-shirt, sweatshirt, and some soccer style sweat pants. I lifted the guy up and took off his shirt first, which felt super creepy but I knew I needed to do it or he could get sick especially with those cuts and scrapes he got. I checked to make sure he didn't have any more scratches. There were only two more, so I went and grabbed a wash cloth with a bowl of warm water from our common living space and grabbed the band aids from my desk. I dabbed the cloth in the water and pressed it to his skin, he seemed fine, but I guess that's due to him being unconscious.