*Karoline's POV*

"Hey Karoline!" I turn around and I see the familiar face of my friend.

"Hey, Phil." I say with a weak smile. Phil Burke. He's been my best friend for ten years. It's strange because we're exact opposites. He's talkative and outgoing, and I'm quiet and more of an introvert. But as they say: opposites attract.

We sit in the back of the bus. "How's life?" He asks, pushing his brown hair out of his face. "Oh, you know. The usual routine," I answer shrugging. "You?" "Same." He shrugs as well and looks out the window.

I look at his features. I notice his light brown hair and chocolate brown eyes and his light skin tone. I look at his lips. They're colored a soft pink and the ends are pointing up slightly, he has a neutral smile.

"What are you staring at?" I suddenly snap out of it and Phil is looking at me with a weirded-out face. "W-what? Oh, n-nothing, I just zoned out." I stutter. Funny, I don't usually stutter. "Okay then." He turns around and looks out the window again. I turn my head to the opposite direction. What the heck was that? I'm usually so focused. I shrug it off. The bus comes to a stop and I say to Phil, "C'mon." we grab our backpacks and walk out of the bus.

-Time Skip-

We're sat in class. The teacher isn't here yet. I look around and my eyes land on Phil from across the room. I can't look away. He's reading a book, and I can tell he's fascinated by the way his eyes light up. I catch myself and look away. What is happening to me? I try to calm down and distract myself by pulling out my headphones and listening to music.

After a few minutes the teacher finally comes in and starts class.

-Lunch break-

I'm in the cafeteria with Phil having lunch and chatting. "You gonna eat that?" Phil points at my fries. "Help yourself," I say. He grabs the bag of fries and dips a fry in his ice cream. I give him a weird look. "What? I like it," he says. "Suit yourself, Philly." I pick up my fork and eat my pasta. We finish our food and go back to the classroom.

We're walking down the hall when the popular girl spots me. "Oh look everyone, It's Creepy Karoline!" she teases in the most annoying basic girl voice you could imagine. Her squad starts laughing and pointing and so does everyone else.

Once we were away from them Phil wraps his arm around me. "Don't let those guys offend you, ok?" he whispers. I nod. I felt safer with him, like there wasn't anything that could harm me. Why do I feel tingly? Why do I feel this way? This is so weird! What is happening to me??

We get to the classroom and i try reading a book. I can't focus, I keep thinking of Phil. I can't get him out of my head. I think of other things but nothing is working. Oh God.