Karoline's POV

I'm sitting in class drumming my fingers on my desk humming a random tune. Phil is across the room, talking to some guy. I glance at him a few times.

"Class,we have a new student joining us today," I hear the teacher say. I look up to see a girl with long blonde hair tied up in a high ponytail and rounded glasses. "Hello everyone, My name is Allison May." She gives a small wave and smiles awkwardly. Huh. She walks to the desk next to Phil and I suddenly feel weird.

"Okay class, bring out your notebooks and take down some notes," The teacher told us and we followed. The teacher rambled about biology for an hour. I checked my watch. 5 minutes to lunch.

Finally the bell rang and all the students rushed to the cafeteria. I bought a sandwich and juicebox and decided to walk around the school. Everyone as usual called me names. I felt so vulnerable without Phil there to comfort me.

I kept walking until i reached the field. I sat down in one of the seats. I needed to think. Just think. About why I felt this way about Phil. Why is this happening? Do I like him? If so why just now after all these years of friendship? Love isn't real, is it? What is love anyway? I'm so confused!

Only now I notice that i squeezed my juicebox in my hand and some if the juice leaked out on my hand. I throw away the juicebox and enter the nearest bathroom to wash my hands.

I get back to the classroom. The first thing I see is Phil, talking and laughing with the new girl. She looks at me, and Phil turns around to look at what she's looking at. We make awkward eye contact for a few seconds until I look away embarassingly. Then they resume their talk, as if nothing happened. I them feel same weird feeling from this morning. Them being together, talking and laughing, really bothered me. I felt like pushing her out of her seat and have him talk to me instead. Every five seconds i glance at them. I grip my pen hard. I felt...jealous.