Chapter #3

Yuya's hands hurt. He had scrubbed every floor in their farmhouse, and it had been bloody painful. He got to his feet, wiping his brow. Well, that was done. Now to finish the laundry... Yuya carried his bucket outside and emptied it before putting it away. Then he went back outside to the clothing line, where some of the dry laundry was floating in the breeze. Yuya touched some of them to make sure they were dry before taking them down and placing them neatly inside a small basket. He carried that into the house and proceeded to put them away. He went to Selena's room first.

"Selena?Are you in there?" Yuya called. There was a moment of silence before the door opened. Yuya smiled softly at her before walking past her into the room.

"Thank you Yuya." Selena said gently as Yuya put her clothing away. Yuya merely nodded his head and left the room. Next was his step-mother's room. Yuzu opened the door after he knocked on it the best he could and he strode inside. Neither said a word to the other as Yuya put the clothes away. She shut the door behind him as he left. Yuya sighed. One more room. He knocked on Rin's door the best he could and waited. She opened the door and glared at him.

"What do you want?" Rin snapped.

"I have your clothes Rin," Yuya said. She stepped aside and allowed him entry. Yuya went to her dresser. While he was busy over there, Gong suddenly appeared in Rin's doorway. Rin looked slightly annoyed, but asked him what he wanted anyway.

"Lady Rin, Lady Lulu is here to see you," Gong said with a bow. Rin smiled as a young purple haired girl appeared from behind Gong.

"That will be all then, Gong." Rin dismissed him. Lulu gave a squeal and ran to her friend, enveloping her in a hug. Rin hugged her back and the two sat on twin white chairs that were in Rin's room.

"Oh Rin, you just won't believe what I have!" Lulu said, pulling something out of her large purse. It was a rolled up paper-something. Rin's eyes widened.

"No way! Let me see!" She squealed and grabbed it out of her friend's hands. She opened it and sighed dreamily.

"I know right!? Isn't the Prince darling?!" Lulu said. Rin held the poster up, and curiosity got the better of Yuya so he turned and took a peek, his laundry basket now empty. It was another poster of the Prince; only this one was simply made for squealing over. The Prince was lying down in the picture, one arm above his head and the other on his stomach. His eyes were half-lidded and darkened and he was wearing a black shirt that v-ed down so you could see most of his chest. Yuya nearly choked. Who painted these pictures?! And did the Prince allow this!?

"Oh, Lulu! He's so adorable! I really wish I could be the one he marries!" Rin swooned. Lulu giggled.

"Don't we all? Oh! Guess what I heard!? The Prince is going to be in the marketplace today!" Lulu said. Rin nearly broke Yuya's ear drums with the high pitched squeal she uttered. She swiftly got to her feet and opened her dresser drawers after shoving Yuya out of the way and began ripping clothes out of it.

"I have to find something to wear! Lulu we need to go there!" Rin shouted. Lulu smiled.

"We'll need a coach and driver, too. If we go on foot, we'll look like paupers, and we want the Prince to see how fancy and well off we are," Lulu stated.

"Of course!" Rin whipped around to Yuya and sized him up quickly. "You'll do. Yuya, go hook up the horses to the carriage. And hurry!" Rin snapped, shooing him out of the room. Yuya went with a sigh. He suddenly felt very sorry for the Prince. He put away the basket and went to do as he was told. He hooked the two horses up to a tiny little carriage that they had, and drove it to the front of the house and waited. All too soon, the front door opened with a bang and Rin and her friend ran out and quickly climbed into the carriage, not caring that he hadn't offered to open the door for them.