Chapter #5

Yuya stopped the carriage and hurried to the door to open it and let Rin out. Lulu was gone; Rin had had him drop her off before they went home. Yuya yelped and jumped back as the door came crashing open before he even had time to touch it. Rin stomped out in a huff, smacking away Yuya's hand when he offered to help her down. Yuya bit his lip. Rin was so mad he could practically see the steam rolling off of her. His step-mother and Selena came out of the house then, hurrying across the lawn to the two of them. Yuzu's violet eyes showed concern for her daughter's anger and she gently cupped her cheek.

"Rin, darling daughter, whatever is the matter?" Yuzu cooed gently. Selena looked quickly to Yuya, who looked away from her just as quickly. Selena bit her lip. If Rin was angry at Yuya... Yuzu would take it out of his hide.

"I go into town today expecting to see the Prince-!" Rin began, but Yuzu cut her off.

"Oh the Prince! How did it go!? Oh, he'd make you a lovely husband!" Yuzu thrilled. Rin huffed, bringing Yuzu's attention back to her.

"But no! Not only do I not get to see more then a glimpse of him, but that-that double crossing whore got to spend all bloody freaking day with him!" Rin spat, pointing her finger in Yuya's direction. "And all because he kidnapped the Prince!" Rin finished. Yuzu gasped and Selena's eyes widened. Yuya gasped out loud.

"Yuya kidnapped the Prince?!" Yuzu echoed. "Why wasn't he arrested?!" Yuzu asked, outraged.

"Because he made the Prince admit to kidnapping him!" Rin cried. Yuya stared at the two of them in disbelief. Rin was spouting nothing but lies! At this rate, Yuzu was sure to punish him! Selena gazed at him with pity. She knew Rin was lying, but there was nothing she could do about it. Yuzu would never believe Yuya or even her if she tried to defend him. Yuzu would only believe what her precious Rin told her. Something snapped in Yuya then, and he would not stand for this treatment any longer. A hot glare entered his eyes as he straightened and stared down his step-mother and her wicked daughter.

"I DID NOT KIDNAP THE PRINCE! SHE LIES!" Yuya shouted. Rin turned to him, her green eyes blazing with fury. Yuzu and Selena's eyes widened. Yuzu stalked over to him and swiftly back-handed him across the face. Yuya's hand flew to his cheek as a little blood began leaking from the corner of his mouth. Yuya stared at her, the inside of his mouth burning. He'd bitten something when she smacked him, and the blood in his mouth tasted horrible.

"Away with you and your lying mouth!" Yuzu spat. "You're lucky they didn't hang you for kidnapping the Prince! Away with you!" Yuya hurried away from her, still holding his cheek. He ran into the house and past Gong, who had appeared when he heard the commotion outside. He opened the door to his tower and was gone. Gong hurried after him, making sure to close the door to the tower behind him. Yuya was already a flight of stairs ahead of him, so he began to take them two at a time to catch up to his friend. He burst through Yuya's door at the same time the smaller one had thrown himself onto his bed, sobbing.

"Yuya...?" Gong asked softly. "What happened?" Yuya lifted his head at his friend's question and scooted over so he could sit on the bed with him.

"Oh the usual." Yuya said with a bitter laugh.

"Rin spouting her lies, Yuzu believes her, and I get crap for it." Yuya said.

"What was that about the Prince?" Gong asked.

"Rin claims I kidnapped him! But I did no such thing! And I know Rin is going to make me suffer for the time I got with the Prince that she did not." Yuya told him, tears steadily streaming down his face. Gong shook his head.