Chapter #9

Gong rode as hard as he possibly could towards the palace, the Prince's words echoing in his mind. The huge structure loomed overhead, and Gong would have loved to sit and gawk at it, since it was the first time in his life he'd ever seen it up close like this, but he had a mission to do. He pulled to a stop at the front gates, a young guard on instant alert. He recognized Kite's horse and shot Gong a glare.

"Halt! Who goes there!?" The man yelled. Gon hopped off the horse.

"You have to let me in! I need ta see the King! I have an urgent message from the Prince!" Gong shouted. The guard looked skeptical. Gong banged hard on the front gates, making the young guard jump and take a step back, his eyes wide. "I don't have time ta screw around with you! Let me in!" The guard leapt forward and opened the gates. Gong squeezed through and ran hard towards the front door of the palace. He hurried inside, and bent over, panting hard for his breath. He looked up and gasped. This place was huge! How was he supposed to locate the King?! He took off, running blindly down a random hallway. He turned a corner and collided with something hard, both he and whatever it was falling to the ground.

"Watch where you're going!" A voice snapped. Gong shook his head and groaned, getting to his feet.

"S-Sorry. I'm trying ta find the King." Gong muttered. He looked up and his grey eyes widened. A tall blue eyed man stood in front of him, dusting off his clothes. Gong shook his head again as the man shot him a nasty glare.

"Who are you and why are you running wildly through the palace?" The man snapped.

"Um... I'm Gong. I'm here to see the King. I have an urgent message from the Prince." Gong said. The man's eyes widened.

"I'm his cousin Yugo. The King is unavailable right now so tell me, what's the message?" Yugo asked. Gong's eyes flashed with worry.

"He needs five armed guards to come with me down the farm house! This guy, Kite, I guess since that's what Yuto called him when he saw I had his horse after I ran into him down the road when I was riding here-"

"THE POINT OF THIS PLEASE!" Yugo suddenly roared, startling Gong. Gong shot him a glare after a moment.

"Alright, sheesh. Rude guy... Anyway, Yuya, Kite, and Yuto are in trouble and they need help!" Gong finished. Yugo's eyes widened again.

"What's the danger?" Yugo asked.

"Crazy women who managed ta knock that Kite guy cold?" Gong said. Yugo let out a curse. He turned and motioned for Gong to follow him. Gong trotted along behind him, trying to keep up with Yugo's long legged strides.

"What's the plan?" Gong asked.

"We're going to recruit some guards and go save my stupid cousin." Yugo said. Gong grinned.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

"Yuzu, don't hurt him. Please." Yuto said as calmly as he could. "Call Rin off." Rin let out a laugh and the frying pan shook in her pale-skinned hands. Yuto grew more worried for Yuya's safety. These women were crazy! How on Earth had Yuya put up with this during the time he lived with them? Yuto didn't know, but right now it really didn't matter. Yuya was in trouble and Yuto had to figure a way to get him out of it.