Saving Christmas

Cassandra was dragging us all around putting up Christmas decorations. Ezekiel wasn't too fond of it but I thought it was cute.

She was all dressed up and even made me put on Christmas colors. I had a bright red sweater and a black beanie paired with jeans and black boots with red and black plaid on the inside. The boys on the other hand wasn't into the whole Christmas spirit.

Baird walks in and immediately groans and start complaining about how this was a base and not a house so there shouldn't be decorations. Jenkins was on the phone with someone trying to calm them down he eventually hangs up then exclaims something very life changing.

"We need to save Santa Clause," he says like it's any everyday sentence.

"Santa's real?!" Cassandra and I both say and drop the garland we were holding.

"Of course he is," Jenkins says then continues to explain what happened to him and what Santa really stands for.

Next thing I know Jacob and Cassandra leave to go to London while the rest of us figure out where Dulaque might be.

*~*

"Did we really have to go down the chimney?" I ask after being the last one to fall through. I wipe my hands on my jeans trying to get all the slot off but failing. Whatever.

"Santa!" Cassandra squeals and goes towards some man sitting tied to a chair. We untie him and Baird runs in quickly saying we need a distraction. She takes Santa's hat and puts it on Ezekiel's head firmly and tells us to run while she takes care of Santa.

We follow Jacob out while Baird runs off with Santa and distract the ninja assassins for a little while until a back door opens up.  And we tumble through.

*~*

"Hot chocolate anyone?" Ezekiel asks and walks into the main pet of the Annex. We all stare at him. He was carrying a very elaborate silver tray and had on a women's apron with a bunch of flurry things.

"I'll go help him," I says and put down the book I was looking at. I follow Ezekiel back into the kitchen and see that he had made over 4 dozen cookies. All kinds of cookies all over the place. "I'll help you clean."

"Oh no I insist I do it myself." Ezekiel says and takes off his apron.

"No it'll make me happier to know that this is cleaned up right." I say and start to put cookies in containers.

He just smiles at me and starts to clean up all the pots and cookie sheets. It was weird, he was helping me clean up. Should I check for a fever? Maybe he has a bipolar disorder nobody knows about!

Wait didn't Jenkins say something about how it's all the hats fault. I don't know.

*~*

"Why would you do that!?" I basically screech at Ezekiel. He just told the pilot of our plane to go home to his fiancé, then he gave him money. When Ezekiel gets rid of that hat I'm gonna hit him upside the head so hard.

We all take a seat and wait for Santa, Baird, and Jacob to show up. Once they do we explain the situation and Santa immediately says he can fly the plane.

Once everyone is on and buckled we take off.

"Please don't crash, please don't crash, please don't crash. I whisper to myself over and over again.

"Are you scared?" Cassandra asks.

"Well I've been on a bunch of planes but I've never been to fond of them." Just as I say that the back entrance of the plane opens. Wind rushes in and I close my eyes shielding myself. Once that's over I look over to see Dulaque and Lamia sitting in the sleigh.

Santa and Baird come back to see what's going on and a dart goes straight into Santa's neck poisoning him with mistletoe.

The next thing I know the hanger door is open, Lamia left in the sled, and Dulaque is wearing Santa's hat. I hold onto the straps for dear life as before I unbuckled and helped Santa to a secure seat.

Trying to get information, we fail and Dulaque takes off the hat throwing it back at Santa. All of a sudden he slips and falls out the back of the plane. Baird gets to the back just in time to close it. Then she heads up to the cockpit and lands the plane.

All huddled around Santa he tells us he is too weak to go around the world spreading peace and goodwill. He then says something shocking to all of us.

"But the girl who was born on Christmas Eve might be able to take my place," he looks at Baird knowingly.

"No," she immediately responds.

"You were named after this holiday, this was meant to be." Santa explains.

Before we can have a word she take his hands and a huge white light shines around us for a few seconds. When it's dimmed everyone is still here but you can see on Baird's face that she did what had to be done.

*~*

"She's coming," I whisper shout and we all rush over to the end of the table. We decided to decorate the Annex as more birthday then Christmas because of Baird or Eve.

She and Jenkins walk in and the look on her face is priceless.

"Happy birthday!" We all shout. Ezekiel goes and brings a bunch of cookie that his better self made and we all make a toast about today's adventure.

"Delany what's your Christmas wish?" Cassandra asks turning to me.

"I didn't have a Christmas wish." I say. "I always just wish that everyone else is more happy then me I guess. And figuring you all got your wish then my wish has been fulfilled." We all raise our cookies and take a bite.

This Christmas was a happy Christmas!