Loom of Fate

"Baird!" Jacob and I scream at the same time. She went into some sort of daze in the middle of fighting an army of mummies! Why didn't Flynn warn us that there would be MUMMIES!?

Cassandra and Ezekiel were behind us trying to open the door and crack some code, while the rest of were fighting off mummies. Where the hell is Flynn?

Right on time he shows up and removes the medallions around the mummies necks. He smiles and starts talking but I'm already searching for the sarcoph agus. Finding it a hold it up.

"Can we leave now?" I shout over them. "Dead people who magically come to life give me the creeps."

Still holding my sword that I kinda stole we head back to the Annex. I hand the sarcophagus to Jenkins and he starts examining the hieroglyphics. Upstairs is a small weapons locker so I go out it up there.

Closing the locker shut and locking it I turn around to find Ezekiel. He surprises me with a kiss and I smile.

"You did great out there," he says pulling away.

"You didn't do to bad yourself." Responding. We walk downstairs where Flynn is writing in the story book we got from a town where fairy tales were coming to life. It was all hooked up to the phone app and the back door.

We all huddle around Flynn and before he can start writing he thanks Jenkins for the notes but Jenkins says he didn't send them any notes.

Figuring it out too late the sarcophagus starts to release a gas intoxicating all of us. I trip over my feet and fall hitting my head on the corner of the table.

Before I could black out I saw 3 figures pass through the door, then I was out cold.

*~*

BAIRD'S POV (Delany s reality)

We find ourselves in the front door of a library

We find ourselves in the front door of a library. Walking in I drag Flynn through to find it empty except for a blonde girl sitting at a desk surrounded by books.

"Delany!" I speak loud enough for her to hear me. She turns around and covers her mouth when she sees me.

"Eve?" She says and stands up. It was weird she had on black skirt covered in daisies, a burgundy sweater and a pair of black boot heels. Her long blonde hair was braided down one side and she had a fedora on her head. She also had... glasses.

"I thought you were dead..." I meet her halfway and she pulls me in for a hug. Reluctantly I hug back then pull away.

"I'm not your Eve, I'm from an alternate universe making my way back to mine. Now just tell me who I was to you, how I died, how we can help you, and then we should be on our way back to our universe." I respond quickly. We take a seat at the desk Flynn and I sitting across from Ayla.

"Oh well you were my guardian, but you were more than that..." she starts and I groan.

"Please tell me weren't lovers because in my timeline I don't swing that way." I interrupt.