Chapter Twenty

Shadow opened his eyes a little when he felt himself being moved. He saw the silhouette of Sonic picking him up and closed his eyes as he cuddled into him. He heard a barely audible chuckle from the other before his vision went completely black.
Shadow smelled a familiar smell. The smell that was damp, musty, and dried blood. He was blindfolded and was tied up by his wrists and ankles but wasn't seated in a chair like usual. Shadow struggled to take off the blindfold to see even though he knew exactly where he was. "Looks like your awake." A familiar voice called to him from across the room that caused Shadow to stiffen in fear and panick. He thought it was too soon for them to capture him again. Shadow struggled to get free before he was slapped against the face. Shadow smocked, remained still. He just couldn't believe it for some strange reason. Did he just slap him? Shadow regained his senses after a short while before he snapped his head back and sent a unseen glare and growled to the other hedgehog that Shadow already knew was Scourge. Scourge removed the blindfold and looked Shadow straight in the eyes before being headbutted by the dark hedgehog. Shadow was unknowingly trying to get out of the ropes but when being headbutted Scrouge fell down and his pocket knife fell out of his pockets from his leather jacket. Shadow jumped up and grabbed the pocket knife and cut the ropes from his wrists and ankles. Shadow being free punched Scourge in the face repeatedly and kicked the green hedgehog in the gut. The hedgehog coughed up blood before Shadow knocked him out with a punch. Shadow needed to get out of here. Sonic would probably smell the different scent. The difference from mixed smells of the woods, mall, and the hero's home from the woods, the mall, the house, and this unknown place. If Shadow was questioned and lied to the other with hints of it the hero might get suspicious and go snooping around to find the scouter of the smell. But Shadow couldn't tell him either, and if Sonic did find out he would go confront Scourge who would confront Shadow who get a beating. Shadow wasn't going to do any of that, he's just going to quickly race to the house, hopefully to find Sonic still asleep and take a shower. Good plan, good plan. With that the dark hedgehog ran away. He was a far but almost there that he could see the house in the distance. Please be asleep, please be asleep! Shadow crossed his fingers as he continued to run but not long before being stopped by a obstacle. He had tripped and fell into a large group of unknown flowers. They smelled nice but were sticky and left white powder on Shadow. There were two different flowers, pink blossoms and yellow roses. They sparkled in the sunlight. Shadow stood up to look at himself. He was covered in what looked like flour. Sighing, he ran off. When he walked in he saw Sonic asleep so he sneakily and quietly walked to the restroom and took a shower. Little did he know the scent of his presence had woken the other on the couch. Sonic had been peacefully asleep when he smelled something, so getting up he looked around. He had heard the shower running and assumed Shadow was taking a shower.