The plan

Alexa thanked Hector silently with her eyes for protecting her secret. The Prince noticed how the two of them looked at each other. He felt annoyed by the intimacy those two seemed to have.

"As you see your friend is fine. You can leave now" Prince sounded annoyed. 'Where did my manners and my coolness go?' he wondered.

Hector looked at Alexa knowingly and walked towards the dock. When he stepped of the yacht he turned to Alexa: "I will come to see you again tomorrow. I hope you will have free time"

Dominic felt angry all of a sudden. He didn't want to show it so he left for his cabin.

When Hector left, Ted went close to Alexa:

"We are going to have a wedding soon." 

She looked at him not wanting  to believe what she was suspecting but Ted spoke again confirming her worst fear: "Prince will marry the daughter of King Leo. She is the princess of the conterminous kingdom on the north. The royal family is vacationing here. That was the reason king Tacitus wanted us to visit the island now"

Alexa almost heard her heart breaking.

The next morning the sun was bright but Alexa was feeling down. Everyone was surprised that the usually smiley and cheerful Alex, was so moody.  When she woke up early in the morning she thought that she couldn't feel worse but obviously she was wrong.Their departure was programmed for the afternoon and as she was informed, the princess was going to join them on the yacht.

Before noon, Hector appeared on the dock, asking for her, as Alex of course. Alexa went to the prince and asked for his permission to leave the yacht. He did give it to her, although he seemed extremely unwilling while doing it.

Hector wanted to talk to her about her father's plan to cancel King Tacitus' plan to expand his kingdom's alliance by marriage. If the marriage proceeded, their kingdom would be in danger. Hector had the order to murder the prince. Alexa was shocked by these news.

"So, dad was responsible for the last attempt on prince's life?"

Hector replied positively: "I want you to stand out of the way. We have a boat waiting for us. You can go there now. Don't go back on the yacht. My team has isolated the dock."

"I can't go back  to dad that way. After all I can't leave our people to get killed for something I could do easily. The Prince trusts me; it will be a piece of cake for me. Let me do it, call your men back."

Hector didn't want her to risk her life and it took her a lot of effort to convince him. Finally they agreed that Alexa would kill the prince before they reached the capital. That meant she had to do it the same night. It was something she had to do to protect her people.

Hector explained the plan. His boat would follow them and "take care" of the escort boat. Then  they would go to get her from the main yacht. In the meantime she should complete her task. He gave her a gun and emphasized that no one should know who they were. That way if something went wrong nobody could connect them to her father.

When he escorted her back to the yacht, he said:

"You must be careful"  Alexa could see the sorrow in his eyes.