Resistance

As soon as Alexa got on the yacht, she went to her cabin to hide the gun, Hector gave her. She was once more facing a huge dilemma. Should she betray her father, her friend and her people back home or should she betray the man she loved, even if he didn't even care about her at all? Ted interrupted her thoughts when he knocked on the door to tell her that prince was looking for her.

When Alexa went to find him Dominic was standing up, on his favorite spot looking at the horizon. The sun was setting and the sea,colored by it, seemed like melted gold. She looked at his impeccable poise. Everything about him was special. Even if she hadn't been in love with him she would have acknowledged his good personality and his kind heart. How could she hurt him?

Prince Dominic heard her and turned. He was feeling angry with himself for not being able to restrain his feelings when he was close to Alex, so he had made a decision.

"Alex, I have something to talk to you about. Sit down please." His feelings were hidden behind an apathetic face.

When they were both sat he said:

"After we arrive at the capital you will be assigned to the palace guard. That means that we will not be able to see each other often but the position and the earnings are good."

Although Alexa felt hurt she didn't show it to him. She understood that there was a reason that  prince wanted to keep her away from him. She moved her head in acceptance.

"Now we are waiting for the princess. I would like you to meet her every need" His tone of voice was strictly professional.

Alexa stood up and tried to leave but her leg hit on the little table causing her to lose her balance. Dominic instantly caught her and both of them fell on the bamboo armchair. Alexa ended up sitting on princes' lap. Her hands were on his shoulders while his hands were around her waist. Their faces were very close. His eyes were looking deep into hers, captivated. The noise of people steps coming their way returned them to reality. They both stood up on time to welcome the princess and the lady accompanying her.

Soon after, the yacht started the engines and departed. Alexa's stomach was in knots all the time she had to be around the couple. Princess was a very elegant lady. She seemed enchanted by the prince.

Suddenly Ted appeared:" Prince for safety reasons you have to move inside. We lost contact with the escort boat and they are nowhere to be seen."

Alexa knew the countdown had started.