[1]

"(M/n), I can see that you're not paying any attention to what I'm saying, you know?"

A sudden slap followed and the (h/c) male stared at the younger girl with big eyes. This scene wasn't unusual since (M/n) sometimes tended to go overboard with his method of not paying attention until it was actually time to, but today, he felt like he had a good reason for it. It wasn't because he didn't care what his sister was talking about, in fact, he would have been gladly listening to stories about her classes, but something just wasn't right today. Not that he really knew what it was though.

(M/n) felt like this sounded like one of the worst clichés ever, but he couldn't help it. So many things this morning had been so unusual, as if something unexpected was going to happen, but he had no clue what it could be. After all, it wasn't normal for his mother to even walk him and his sister outside in the morning to hug them like her life depended on it, yet, that was exactly what had happened earlier. Even though (M/n) wasn't usually all that observant of other people's actions, he hadn't failed to notice this. On any other day, his mom would have been sitting in front of the tv or would have been asleep.

And now that they were finished with their club activites, (M/n) just really didn't feel like going home at all. It was a weird feeling in his gut and he didn't like it at all. The unknown was kind of scaring him, which was already enough. Internally, he still couldn't help but hope that he was just not feeling well. Hell, he would appreciate any kind of illness right now as long as everything else was alright.

"What does it mean if your stone is teal?" His little sister asked with little interest as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. The only reason for her to even ask this question was because this color was extremely rare.

Normally, the stone around his neck was violet which represented confidence, or green which was the color of happiness and joy. So why teal today?

(M/n) looked at Toshiko- his sister, and then at the necklace around his neck in a questioning manner. Well, he could have thought that the necklace would be able to identify that he wasn't really feeling all that well.

"Teal means that I'm nervous." He explained and shrugged as the younger girl shot him a puzzled look.

"Why are you nervous?" She questioned. "Don't tell me you butchered your math exam?" Toshiko smirked more to herself than anyone as she looked down on her phone. "We both know that mom won't be too happy if that's the case. You can do better than that."

(M/n) gritted his teeth in irritation and watched out of the corner of his eyes how a slight orange tone was added to the bright teal color on the stone at the end of his necklace. After all, orange could mean either irriation or aggression. In this case, it was something inbetween. At this point, one might have thought that he was completely used to his sister's behavior but sometimes that just really wasn't how things worked.

He huffed. "I did not! I was done before everyone else and I'm not all that bad at math, you know?! Sometimes..things just don't go as planned but thaz wasn't the case today!" He protested and jabbed his eyebrow into his sister's side who let out a slight yelp in return. Toshiko might have been smart, but physical strength was just something she had never posessed. Sad, because that brought a lot of disadvantages during PE.

The (h/c) girl pushed a few strands behind her ears and rolled her eyes. "Whatever, then there's no reason for you to be nervous. Everything is just fine." Suddenly, her eyes widened, before she then looked at him with a blank expression. "Are you scared that Karasuno is going to lose to Shiratorizawa? (M/n), please--"

(M/n) felt irritation rising inside of him. "Sheesh, what is it with you and your crazy moods today?!" He shot back. "Give me a break, will you?" 
Toshiko laughed dryly as the two of them took their final turn which would lead them to their house, before her brother stopped and held her back.