[3]

Three weeks had passed ever since his normal life was ripped away from him. Three weeks without school, three weeks without his friends and three weeks without Toshiko and his loving mother.

It was strange. Whenever he wasn't staring at the ceiling in 'his room', he found himself walking through the busy streets of the underground city he was being held captive in. Well, those people didn't call it that, but they actually used the term 'making sure everything went according to the plan'. What plan? If (M/n) knew, then he would surely feel a lot better. And whenever he asked someone for a clarification, he didn't get a reply.

Over the past few weeks, he also realized that things down here seemed to be going smooth. At least smoother than he was used to, because it seemed like this place had an extraordinarily good reputation. A world underneath a world. It sounded ridiculous, but this place was more than beautiful.

The city he was currently staying at was called Sanguinem and was definitely one of the more beautiful kinds. He had seen photos of other cities from down here before and none of them had looked as good as this one. So maybe (M/n) had a reason to feel at least a small bit better about his situation because it could probably be a lot worse.

Maybe if it wasn't always dark down here, apart from the few holes where the sunlight could properly break through, (M/n) would like it a lot better. And it could save a lot of electricity, too. Wherever he went, the lights were shining bright to hide the dark that would be present if lamps didn't work down here.

And it was cold. Too cold. Cold enough to make it inpossible to leave the building without a thick jacket.

But when it wasn't cold, hell was practically ruling this place. He had only been here during three days on which it had been warm but he hoped that it wouldn't happen again too soon. Because warm weather meant short clothes. And short clothes meant loads of sexual frustration because (M/n) was always stuck with either Shinya or Guren.

The fact that both of them were extremely attractive with longer and shorter clothes didn't help, but if he had to see those bare arms one more damn time (M/n) was probably going to lose it.

Why did he have to be so gay again? Of course he wasn't complaining, but his brain was sometimes a really big asshole towards him in those situations. God. Someone save the poor guy.

But today, it was a cold day and it was Sunday which basically meant that he had a 'day off'. Why the quotation marks? He would end up having to report what he had been up to during the day anyway, so there was no way that he'd be able to avoid going to Guren's office. Damn it.

Unless, of course, he somewhat ended up passing out somewhere and wouldn't be found again. Maybe that would leave him time to explore the city during the night because it was forbidden. Whenever he looked outside during the night, he saw that the streets were empty which wasn't all that strange to begin with.

However, sometimes he thought that he saw shadows roaming through the streets at a speed that just couldn't be considered human. And if that hadn't happened more than once, maybe (M/n) would have just forgotten about it and moved on, assuming that his brain had just tricked him into thinking that there was something when there really wasn't. But that had literally happened every night.

Well, if everything after nine pm was called 'night' in this place because that was when the doors were locked. Just what was out there? (M/n) was probably never going to find out.

Anyway, as he strolled through the streets with a rather bored facial expression after having done nothing out there at all, he noticed that people were slowly starting to get less on the streets as the time passed. For how long had (M/n) been out there?