Chapter 1 - First Year

1

I do not own Harry Potter at all. All book and movie credit goes to the magnificent J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros.

Draco and Hermione's secret relationship through the years. This will be a fanfiction and I'm starting on first year. I hope you enjoy it!(:

---------------------
-------------
------

First Year:

Draco's POV:

I couldn't seem to find a single open compartment.

Suddenly, a shorter girl with very messy brown hair yelled out to me , "Hey! Hey you! You can sit here if you'd like."

I looked at her in disbelief, but then I walked into the compartment.

With the odd, bushy haired girl was a rather... plump boy. His hair distraught as he yelled out for someone called Trevor. I looked at the girl questioningly.

"He's looking for his toad. He can't seem to find him..." she said, "Oh, by the way, I'm Hermione Granger. You are?"

"Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." I told her quietly, hoping she didn't recognize my last name.

"Hello Draco. Well, I should go help Neville find his toad. I'll be right back." she told me while getting up.

"Okay..." I mumbled.

She was rather cute... and her personality didn't seem bad... maybe we could be friends. I thought to myself. But then I realized, we can't be friends. There wasn't a single chance SHE was going to be in Slytherin.

I looked down sadly.

As I was looking out the window, I heard a voice. Her voice.

I turn around quickly to see Hermione standing in the doorway.

"We are going to be arriving in about a half hour." she informed me.

I nod and gesture for her to sit.

"What house do you think you'll be in?" I asked her.

"Well, as I read in Hogwarts: A History, Ravenclaw is for the intelligent. I have a good chance there, or Hufflepuff, the kindness of the heart. I also have a good chance there. Gryffindor, for bravery..." She started rambling.

I smiled at her before laughing. She stared at me before laughing also.

She had a cute laugh, I noticed.

"What is so funny?" she asked giggling.

"You were sort of rambling." I laughed.

She looked down and stopped laughing, "I wasn't bothering you, was I..?"

"No! No!" I said quickly, "It was rather adorable." I smiled.

She stared in disbelief, but then she smiled at me, "Thank you. At my old school, people used to call me rather rude names, like 'Know-It-All" or 'geek'." She said sadly.

"I'm sorry." I say honestly.

She just nods.

"So what house do you think you'll be in?" she questioned.

"Slytherin. No doubt in my mind" I said rather disappointed.

She gasped, "But-but, I thought everyone in Slytherin went ... bad." she whispered.

"Yeah, they usually do. Unfortunately , it's in my blood. My parents and everyone before me were in Slytherin ." I told her.

"Oh. Does that mean.. you parents are bad..?" she asked quietly.

"No! Well... Father is turning bad, but mother is not. She cares too much about me ..." I replied, putting my head down.

"Draco," she said quietly, "I'm not going to judge you based off your parents. It's fine who your parents are, you can't help it."

I stared at her solemnly, "Thank you," I said, "What are your parents like?"

"Well, they're dentists, so they are slightly boring, considering I'm a witch," she informed me, "They're muggles, and they don't understand me. Do you know what I mean?"

I gasped. She-she was a mudblo- I mean, muggle born.

"You - you're muggle born ?" I asked, disbelievingly.

"Yes, I am. People won't care, right?" she asked me hopefully.

"Umm," I couldn't lie to her, "Some people are rather... prejudice. You see, purebloods tend to .. uhh.."

"What? What do they tend to?" She asked quickly.

"They tend to hate on muggleborns..." I said quietly.

"Wait... As I read in, Hogwarts: A History, most people in Slytherin are purebloods. Does that mean-" I cut her off.

"Yes, I am pureblood," she stared at me nervously, "But I won't judge you for who your parents are, Hermione. You can't help it." I said, mimicking her words from earlier.

She smiled, "Thank you, Draco."

She glanced at her watch and gasped, "We are arriving in five minutes! We have to get our robes on! Hurry!" she squealed.

She darted out of the compartment, to get ready, I assumed.

I pulled my robes out of my trunk and started to get ready. Hogwarts, here I come.

--------------------------
-----------------
--------

Hermione's POV:

I ran out of the compartment. I needed to get my robes on and quick.

I found my robes and dressed quickly. When I got out of the loo, people were starting to leave the train. I ran to the nearest exit and heard the deep voice of a man.

"Firs' years! Follow me!" He yelled happily.

The man was giant! He was at least twice the size of the average man!

I saw Harry Potter, who's glasses I had fixed, walking up to the big man and greeting him.

Hmmm... I thought, They must be friends, but I wonder how... After all, Harry was raised by muggles, or at least that's what I read.

I made my way up to one of the boats and hopped in. All of the others doing the same. We all stared in awe at the massive castle before us.

Hogwarts, here I come.

--------------------------
-----------------
----------

Well, that's the first chapter of my story! I have about 3 more chapters written... Should I continue or is this just a bad story ..? ):

PLEASE VOTE , AND REVIEW !(:

xoxo
- T