lost pup 5

Chapter 5

 A Rogue wolf I couldn’t let him hurt the kids, I pushed Evan and Elise behind me as soon as I registered his scent and growled at him. I could see the look of fear that crossed his face before he covered it.

“Don’t worry I don’t wish you any harm we were just passing through I didn’t know it was pack land” he calmly said while showing me his neck which shocked me. Wolves only show their necks to those who they view as their superior.

 I couldn’t help but want to voice my confusion but my wolf answered my questions for me we are superior in rank and his wolf recognises that why else would he show his neck to us.

What I thought Higher rank how could I be of a higher rank than Drew he was well muscled in his early thirties with blue eyes and blonde hair.

 I was just weak compared to him We are the alpha of our pack Leila do not put yourself down we have always held power but know it is no longer suppressed.

Alpha how could I be an alpha the sudden realisation hit me when I had sworn to protect Evan and Elise it had been a sort of acceptance of protection and acceptance into a pack.

Though for that even to work I must have some alpha blood running in my veins. We are alphas we must protect our pack from danger.  

With those words my wolf brought me back from my day dreaming to pay attention to Drew who still had his neck bent in a show of submission.

Mustering as much courage and authority as if could I spoke to him “why are you on my lands wolf you know that this land is marked why are you here and who is this we you speak of”. I could feel the authority and power leaking from my voice.

Drew cringed “I’m sorry alpha but I did not mean to cross your land I did not know that this territory was marked and only realised to late I mean no harm. The we I speak of is my mate Gesibelle and I”.

 With his words I took a closer look at his appearance he may look bulky but I could see he had bags under his eyes his face was drawn in pain and I could see fresh cuts on his body.

“What happened to you Drew tell me I see that it is not a happy story to tell how did you become a rouge?” I said curiously all the while the kids were holding my legs peeking from around them. 

I could see his eyes harden and glaze over with tears “it’s a long story “he said unwilling to let this information leave his mouth.

“I’ve got the time you are not the only one who has suffered in life” I said gesturing to the kids.

He looked at me closely he must have seen something in my eyes for the next second we were sitting under the tree near the pond with the kids enjoying their ice cream. “I used to belong to the blue crescent pack in Idaho it was always calm and peaceful until the death of the alpha.” Drew inhaled a long breath and sighed.

“You see before his death he was meant to hand his title over to his son but his son wasn’t a good alpha he would play around gamble and drink abusing his title. So his father told him he would only give him the alpha title if he deserved it. But when he was killed by power hungry rogues the alphas son took over I was only a few years older than him and had taken over my role as third in command. I found my mate at the alphas funeral she was beautiful.”