lost pup 11

Chapter 11

I tried not to focus on the confusing words my wolf was shouting my pack is in danger and it is and always has been my duty to protect them. It wasn’t the time to focus on the nonsense my wolf saying.

I ran as fast as I could I felt the air grow colder with the smell of blood wafting towards me. I knew that these wolves were not peaceful I was a mile away and could smell the death in their scents.

My instincts took over and my speed doubled “Drew you are to take 20 men and circle the area around the rogues and hunters make sure you are not seen the rest will come with me as intimidation be ready.”

I heard a chorus of yes alpha through the pack link I could feel the fear and worry from my warriors for those on patrol who had been hurt. 

I was only a minute away when I felt a sharp pain and realised what had happened one of my pack members was dead.

At this realisation I howled a challenge to those who dare kill one of my pack members and raced towards the clearing they were in.

My warriors echoed my howl after realising what had happened and were right behind me with their own anger taking forefront in their minds.

As I appeared in the clearing I saw that my patrol had been cornered and were severely outnumbered. I looked closer and saw the dead body of James one of my patrol wolves with his throat ripped out.

All I could think was no James had always been a kind and generous wolf he was leaving behind a mate and two month old daughter.

I saw red my wolf was howling for blood and I was in no position to refuse her I turned towards the ones responsible.

The rogue wolves were cowering in the presence of my alpha dominance but the one who had James blood smeared over his teeth refused to cower. The hunters rallied around the rogues there silver weapons lifted in position.

Before they knew what was happening I had jumped and started ripping the throats out of the rogues. My warriors followed my example with Drew and his wolves jumping out at them from behind.

It was over before it had even started with just one hunter left alive. Drew and Trevor were holding him up he had teeth marks around his waist and was losing blood fast he wouldn’t last for long.

“What did you think you were going to get from attacking my pack Hunter” I growled barely containing the anger I felt from the loss of James.   

He sneered at me refusing to answer I nodded my head to Drew who pulled the arm he was holding dislocating the hunters shoulder.

His scream echoed around the clearing.

“Now you can answer the questions now or we will torture them out of you, your choice” I said my eyes reflecting the brutal mood me and my wolf were in.