lost pup 30

Chapter 30

Silence.

The deathly silence that filled the room was catching as all the Alphas stared at me in wonder I just wanted to run as far away as possible.

How could I a wolf that was treated as nothing be the descendant of Marius Vergbehdarn, It is simply impossible he was such a great man and leader how could I ever measure up to him.

I felt someone taking my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze, I looked up to see that Alek had moved ever closer to me in a form of comfort.

I didn’t need to say anything I knew he could tell what I was feeling from his gentle reassurance towards me.

I took a deep breath to calm myself it had been such a long and immensely tiring day but as I tried to run through all that had been said by Elder Drake something was nagging at the back of my mind that I needed to ask.

“Drake what did you mean when you said that I am the leader of the Ordinem Lupus, there is no Order of the wolf anymore it disappeared with the end of the war” I asked I could see out of the corner of my eye some of the other Alphas nodding their heads as if to second my question.

Elder drake looked around at all the Alphas a small smile lighting his face “No Alpha Van Derbergh the Ordinem Lupus was never destroyed. You see when the order was first started all the Alphas involved including your ancestor Marius took an Blood Oath to protect the people and each other this bound together all the Alphas as well as their descendants to one another”.

As soon as Elder Drake stopped talking I could see the confusion on everyone’s faces except Alpha Dane who was the oldest Alpha in the room instead of confusion his face simply showed shock.

“A Blood Oath? Those are practically unheard of know” Alpha Dane whispered.

Elder Drake nodded “Yes they are by doing so the Alpha’s of the Ordinem Lupus bound themselves to this duty to protect though Marius had the extra responsibility due to the fact that he was the leader. After the war was won the Alphas did go their separate ways because their guidance was no longer needed but this did not mean that their legacy and the bond between them would disappear. I believe that they knew that someday the order would be needed again now it is time for the order of old to come again”.

This was getting even more confusing what did he mean by all this I already knew that I had to lead my pack to war but what relevance does all this have to Wolves in an order that I have never met.

“So you want me to go looking for all of the other descendants of the rest of the Ordinem Lupus even though I have never met them before” I asked in shock.

“Who said that you have never met them” Elder Drake smirked.