Chapter 1

In the center of Kingdom Rose lived the royal castle. Palace staff flittered back and forth between jobs, maids' skirts fluttered by as they walked and cleaned as butlers rushed around to help. Cleaners swept and dusted as waiters rushed to deliver meals made by the fevered cooks. A young waiter speed-walked down the marble hall that led to the prince's room. Up ahead, were positioned guards next to the big double door that led to his room, faces impassive before they noticed the young man coming. They immediately stiffened up, raising their guards up as their hand came out from behind their backs to rest by their hips.

     The boy saw the swords they had sheathed and bit back any signs of nervousness, just like his momma taught him, before coming to a stop right in front of them.

"Good morning, sirs. I've come with Prince Levi's breakfast.."

     He told them, opening the covered food to reveal that it, in fact, was breakfast. The guards peered at the food and the boy before nodding. The one on the left reached for the tray of food but the boy stepped back confused.

"This is Prince Levi's, sir. If you're hungry, I can bring food for you both if you want."

He told when the man chuckled.

"It's alright kid, we're not going to steal the prince's food. Your new here right? It's now required for all the prince's meals to be delivered to him by the guards only because of the murders of the previous king and queen."

     He explained with a solemn expression. The other guard nodded.

"It'd be a shame to lose the prince over possibly letting someone that can't be trusted inside."

     A sad expression came onto the boy's face, shaking his head as he quickly handed the food over.

"That's terrible! Here, I apologize for assuming you were taking the food for yourselves.."

     He told them and the guards chuckled a little at his behavior.

"It's fine kid. Run along now, you have duties to attend to."

"Yes, sir!"

     The boy replied before dashing down the hall. The guard holding the food knocked on the door.

"Young Prince? Your food has arrived.."

"....Come in.."

     The guard walked in to meet the prince, Levi Ackerman seated and looking straight at him. The man quickly crossed the room to rest the tray onto the small table that was right next to the boy. With a salute, the guard then left. Gunmetal eyes looked at the food before reaching for the cup of tea next to it. Taking a sip of the piping hot liquid, Levi let out a breath as his eyes trailed back to the window.

     He was seated inside his room on the plush red velvet chair that resided right in front of the large window. The glass oversaw his late mother's treasured garden. The estate was full of a plethora of flora: roses, chrysanthemums, ivy, and other plants lined pathways with lush bushes as sugar cane surrounded the large koi fish pond. Overhead, a giant weeping oak tree stood low, the dangling branches gently touching the pond's surface to decorate it with fallen leaves. Outside, the child observed workers collect the various bounty the garden held hostage, working hard in the early morning sun to feed the people in the castle.

     It had a sense of peace to it like nothing was wrong and everything was right. Levi frowned at the misplaced aura. It was the biggest facade to ever exist—nothing was right, not anymore. In the castle, much sadness and coldness had spread throughout it since the death of the king and queen, Levi's parents. King Hiroshi Ackerman II, an alpha man who was as stoic as your average rock but a wonderful father. He was always there when Kuchel, the queen called or when his son needed help. Queen Kuchel Ackerman was a kind woman, ethereal in ways people could only dream of. She was the perfect queen, possessing most attributes for an omega yet was a beta through and through.