Why didn't you tell me?

I decided to get to the cafe a bit late so that all of my friends will already be there by the time that I get there. I really don't want to have to go through everything all over agin each time someone new arrives and if I told them to wait until everone got there before I told them anything then I would have to deal with a whole lot of awkward silence.

When I walk through the door of the cafe fifteen minutes late, I instantly notice all of my friends sitting at our usual table towards the back of the room. They instantly notice me and give each other strange looks. Wierd. I make my way over and sit down slowly.

"Heyyyy guyyyys" I say awkwardy.

A chorus of 'hi's 'hey' and a few 'hello's is followed.

"So...." I begin.

"Just tell us everythinh. From the beginnning right up until now. We just need a full explaination so that we know what is going on." Says Rachel slowly without properly looking me in the eyes.

"Ok so it all began the other night...."

*FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER*

I have just spent the last fifteen minutes telling them absolutely everything. I had expected some interuptions or questions while I was speaking but they all just sat there in complete and utter silence. In fact we are still sitting in silence now.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Asks Bridget suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts. Her tone is harsh and if looks could kill...well...

"I did. I just told you everything!" I say with a smile.

"I know, but why didn't you tell me sooner? This has been going on for days now! I am your best friend for gods sake!"

"I know. And I am really, really sorry. I handled the whole situation really badly and I know that now. I should have told you sooner but I wasn't really sure what was happening myself. I didn't want to jinx it by telling everyone and then have him dump me the next day."

They are nod there heads in understanding and I am relieved that everyting is going as well as it possibly could. Until I open my big mouth again...

"And I thought that you might get jelous and I didn't want this to come between our friendship"

"Me? Jealous of you and Harry? You've got to be kidding me! Do you really think that I am that superficial that I would start hating you just because of who you are 'dating'?"

When she says the word dating she makes inverted comas with her fingers.

"Excuse me? What are you implying?"

"I'm implying that we think that this whole thing is just a publicity stunt"

I go to speak again but when  I open my mouth no sound comes out.

"Have fun saying goodbye to Harry baby at the airport"

And with that she leaves. Followed by Bridget and the rest of them. And I am left sitting at the table alone. On the verge of tears.