Captain's Log

Captain’s Log:    18th July 1996

Re:                         The Mind Talkers                            

Status:                  In training

Progress:             Exemplary                         

After such a lengthy absence from this report, please understand that the confidentiality of our identities and location remains classified. All records have been filed, and duplicated for our intelligence base.

The Mind Talkers settled in comfortably and willingly upon each of their arrival. The guardians of a certain few accompanied for moral support for the first month of their residence at our base, and departed by request of our subjects upon the commencement of their intensive education.

Once our subjects had been reunified, the first and foremost priority was their training. Due to their successful, albeit unorthodox guidance over their youth, all aspects of the training procedures have been easily understood, and they progressed without question or objection. All in all, they relished in the opportunity to push their physical and educational skills, and strove to broaden their perception and cognition. As students, they are everything a teacher could hope for.

As this training continues, our doctors and scientists have played their role in pushing the boundaries of our subjects’ cognitive abilities. Without manipulative experimentation, the Mind Talkers were guided along a specific path of exercise that would strengthen their natural cognitive skills, and in addition allowing them to push the boundaries of their ever evolving abilities.

As they have been leaps and bounds ahead of any research or theory, the time had come to investigate the possibility of combining these abilities; pairing these individuals to possibly strengthen the output or the actual core of the ability itself. The program had finally commenced after much protest from our family bases. Additional auxiliary tests had been administered, yet our subjects have performed and responded erratically, giving us the impression that though these abilities seem phenomenal, their parameters are still limited, and it would take more time to reach their peak.

With these abilities as dominant and evolved as they are, it has come to my undivided attention that the stories that our subjects have foretold point towards the disturbing aspect of our subjects being under a second, foreign surveillance that share a dark interest in these abilities. These perpetrators have no name, no record and no trail. They are ghosts, and their ability to disappear without a trace gives us reason to believe that their intention is hostile. Our mother base picked up the first rogue activity three years ago after the arrival of an individual that ignited the interest of so many, and it was theorized that since this intelligence has knowledge of the existence of our subjects, it would be reason enough to believe that they would hold information about the origin and possibly more of the Mind Talkers. Yet, their intermittent involvement has led us to believe that their sect is organized and calculates their moves as any intellectual organization does, and most disturbing is how little is known about them given our vast means of attaining intelligence. An investigation team has now officially been created and dispatched upon our subjects’ unification. It is now simply a matter of time.

Now that the first stage of our mission has been achieved, I have now been reassigned, and my duty is now a guide, mentor and facilitator to the Mind Talkers. All tests, procedures and educational curriculum are approved by myself, and being charged as their guardian, I have taken it upon myself to be sure of their regular attendance of classes and other duties.

Once again, off the record, I cannot describe how relieved I am to have the Mind Talkers home where they belong. My attachment has grown beyond what is recommended, and to be honest, there is no point in running from it. I love these six as though they were my own children, and no amount of experience separating business from home can change that now. I’ve come to understand that their stories have portrayed a great deal of emotional pain, loss and distress, and I fear that this may hinder their personal and cognitive growth. I have so instructed them to continue their journal entries, this time recording their progress during their training.

They have learnt much and matured considerably for their age, but the journey of our lives is measured by our ability to overcome every trial and tribulation throughout the course of the journey, and not only live through it, but to emerge enlightened from those experiences. They have many years to fight the battle as us mere humans have.

The following journal entries are their amazing accounts of how they have grown; moments that molded their perception of their purpose, and their roles in each other’s and most others’ lives . 

Captain’s Log End.