⎾SUMMARY⏌

HONEYMOON.

summary

❝death was sweet, death was gentle, death was kind; death healed the ruined spirit, the broken heart, and gave them the rest and forgetfulness. death was a man's best friend; when man could endure life no longer, death came to set him free❞

MAYA GILBERT WAS A RARE KIND. Maya was one of the most envied girls at Mystic Falls High School, followed right behind by her twin sister Elena. Maya was outspoken, blunt and very opinionated. She was kind and looked for the good in everyone, much like her sister. Maya was gorgeous, was dating the captain of the football team Tyler Lockwood and had amazing and loyal friends, Bonnie Bennett and Caroline Forbes.

There was something about Maya that just made her stand out, albeit her and Elena were not identical, they certainly came close to the term. Maya was loud and didn't care what others thought of her, she was too independent for her own good and just seemed to have some sort of fire about her, she was very captivating. Maybe she got some of that spunk from Miranda and Grayson, her parents. She loved them dearly, they were the best parents anyone would ask for. They supported her and Elena and their younger brother Jeremy no matter what.

EVERYTHING CAN CHANGE IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE. One night Elena and Maya were invited to a party but weren't allowed to go ("we always have family night on Friday, tonight is no different" Miranda had told the girls) but with the convincing of their boyfriends, Matt and Tyler, the girls snuck out. Later than night they had both gotten way to drunk and called Miranda and Grayson, them being worried all night told them to stay out and that they were on their way. With a quick kiss to Jeremy's cheek and an "i love you", they were gone.

Everything was going good, Elena and Maya were being lectured about how irresponsible they were and how much trouble they were in as they drove over the Wickery Bridge, something wrong happened and they went over the bridge and into the lake. It was a miracle that the twins survived, but with miracles come tragedies. Miranda and Grayson didn't survive.

Maya was left with a guilt filled heart and no parents. She didn't know how or why that happened. She didn't know who to blame, herself? Elena? Tyler and Matt? God? The people who built the bridge? It was a long list that didn't do anything to help with her broken heart.

3 months pass and the first day of school rolls around and boy, are the Gilbert twins in for a surprise and crazy year. And will Maya's your heart be fixed by an unlikely source?

MAYA GILBERT
❝HEARTBROKEN ❞

Shelley Hennig as Maya Gilbert, Elizabeth Pierce/Elisaveta Petrova

DISCLAIMER
I do not own The Vampire Diaries or any characters, all those rights go to Julie Plec! I do, however own Maya Gilbert and Elizabeth Pierce/Elisaveta Petrova and or any plot lines that I come up with

Started-NOVEMBER 22, 2016
Ended- N/A