⎾THREE⏌

Maya, Elena, and Bonnie were all at the party being thrown at the falls

Maya, Elena, and Bonnie were all at the party being thrown at the falls. They were gathered next to a blazing, warm fire, drinking as they all had big smiles on their faces. Maya was genuinely happy and she couldn't remember the last time she could say that. She warm from the inside out and the crackling from the fire was relaxing and peaceful.

"Just admit it, Elena." Bonnie pestered, a beer clutched in her hand. They were at the party, gossiping about Stefan Salvatore.

"Oh, okay, so he's a little pretty." Elena admitted with a light shrug.

"A little?" Maya snorted, taking a large sip of her beer. "I'd ride him into the sunset."

"Maya!" Elena gasped, hitting her twin, a hint of a laugh leaving her lips.

"Oh, relax, El." Maya said waving her hand dismissively. "I'll leave your boy toy alone."

"He has that romance novel stare." Bonnie teased, Maya quickly clearing her throat as she began to mock him.

"Stefan looked deep into her eyes," Maya said making her voice deep and smooth. "And pierced her very soul." Maya broke character giggling.

Bonnie laughed before asking, "So where is he?"

"I don't know. You tell me, you're the psychic one." Elena said shrugging, a playful smile on her face.

"Right, I forgot. Okay, so give me a sec. Grams says I have to concentrate." Bonnie laughed, closing her eyes.

"You need a crystal ball. Wait," Maya quickly said pouring the rest of her beer out and placing the empty bottle in Bonnie's hands, Elena and her laughing. They touched and suddenly, Bonnie's face shifted. She grabbed Maya's wrist tightly.

"Ow. Easy, Bonnie." Maya said grimacing at Bonnie's tight grip, sharing a worried look with Elena. Bonnie stared into nothing, like she was in a trance. Maya pulled away -- snapping Bonnie out of it.

"That was weird. When I touched you, I saw a crow." Bonnie said making Maya's blood run cold and a worried look pass Elena's face.

"What?" Maya asked worriedly, her eyes wide.

"A crow. There was fog, a man. I'm drunk. It's the drinking. There's nothing psychic about it. Yeah? Ok, I'm gonna get a refill." Bonnie rushed out leaving, Elena and Maya standing there, the color leaving their faces.

"I'll be right back, I'm not drunk enough for this." Maya told her sister leaving without waiting for a reply as she made her trek in search for alcohol. She wasn't paying attention and collided into a hard chest, her empty beer bottle crashing to the ground, it shattering around her feet.

"Maya, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there." A deep voice was quick to apologize; Stefan. His hands rested on her shoulders, his eyes tracing over her to make sure she was okay.