11. My Girlfriend Lives in My Computer

"So... Umm... I'm sorry about that..." I cringe as I lean closer to examine Parker's bruises. Needless to say, they are pretty horrific. They seem to be throbbing, each one an ugly shade of blue and purple. We are currently standing in my kitchen, him holding a bag of frozen peas to his face, me looking at him as if he is an exhibition at a museum (not because I think he is cute or anything. I'm just looking at the bruises. Yes, the bruises.) Luckily, my parents, used to Kurt and Parker's usual antics, don't question anything at all. Including why I am with him, not my idiot of a brother.

"Nah, it's okay. I'll just tell everyone my girlfriend gave me a huge ass hickey on my face." Parker grins, scrunching up his nose boyishly, which makes him wince once again. Man, I really owe this guy, don't I?

"You don't even have a girlfriend!" I exclaim, snorting loudly. Praise me and my wonderful mannerisms.

"You know nothing, Charlie. You're the female equivalent of Jon Snow. My girlfriend," He look at me seriously for a minute before bursting into laughter, "is named Zelda and she lives in my computer."

"You're an idiot. Can we just go now? When does the concert start anyway?" I swat his arm playfully, dragging the boy outside. Still holding Parker's hand, I open the door.

And is greeted with the sight of a neon green Volkswagen Beetle.

"Umm... Wow, I guess." I chuckle under my breath, still unable to take my eyes of the brightly-colored vehicle. I can hear Parker groan loudly behind me, before wincing once again because of the bruises.

"Look, I can totally explain this-" He raises an arm up in surrender, the other still holding the pack of frozen peas. I raise an eyebrow at him, motioning for the dude to continue. "IusedtohaveacarbutthenIcrasheditintoastopsignandnowImstuckwiththisjunkareyouembarrasedofme"

"What? Slow down Parker, you're word vomiting."

"I used to have a car, not neon green of course, but I crashed it one time when I was drunk. And now I'm sort of stuck with this piece of junk that used to be my mom's. She's a pretty odd soul, I guess." Parker sighs, "Are you embarrassed to be seen with me? We can... um, take the bus if you want. If the bus even goes this late. Or I could call a taxi. Oh wait, but then I wouldn't have money to buy you dinner. Or we could cheat death with Kurt's motorcycle. Nah, he'll kill us. Or-"

"Shut up Parker. I, personally," I smile brightly, turning to the boy next to me, who is still looking pretty defeated, may I add, "would love to drive around town in a neon green Volkswagen Beetle with you. There's nothing in life that could be more punk rock than that."

"Then shall we, m'lady?" Parker grins and takes my hand.

And we he off into the night.

-

"So... Umm... Are you gonna tell me where we're going?" I ask, since we've been driving towards darkness for about 15 minutes now. Crap. Why does this keep happening to me? Why must I associate myself with the likes of potential-kidnappers and what-nots? Damnit I need to rethink my life choices.

"Chill, Charlie. You worry too much." Parker smiles, not even bothering to turn to look at me. Douchebag. "I'm not a kidnapper", the dude rolls his eyes dramatically. Does this guy have telepathic powers, or am I just that much of an open book?

"How am I not supposed to be? We could be driving into the abyss of darkness where hellhounds and demons are waiting for all I know." I wail, flailing my abnormally long arms around, and accidentally hitting Parker's face in the process. Oops. It's the cursed monkey genes fault, not mine, I swear.

"Ow, Charlie, that really hurts! What is it with your family and beating the snitzel out of me," the boy winces, clutching his face. Oops again. I guess the McCarthys have a talent for being unintentionally dangerous. "Anyways, you'll see when we get there. It's a surprise. In the meantime, how about you and I play a game?" Parker smirks evilly. Or at least I think it looks evil. You can't really tell what Parker is thinking, what's with the shady street lights and his purple face and all. Which is kinda partially my fault, but let's just ignore that, shall we?