12. She's Thunderstorms

Concerts. 

They're fun. Exciting. Full of energy.

And full of people.

On the other hand, me.

Fun. Exciting. Full of energy.

Not very comfortable with being in a room with full of people.

Right, I should have probably thought of that before putting "go to a concert" in my project. Because, right now, we are currently surrounded by a sea of people in the concert hall, and I'm not feeling so great. I can literally feel the energy and excitement cracking in the air, and people and sounds and so, so many people.

Of course, I'm not scared of crowds to the point where I have a full blown panic attack or faint, but it's enough to make my hands jittery and my mind numb. I guess it all started when I was a kid and my dad took me and Kurt to a fireworks display. Kurt, being the hyperactive boy that he was, managed to push me into the crowd and making me fall. Let's just say it was not a very fun experience, and I never return to a firework show after that, while it became a thing for Dad and Kurt.

Just among many other things.

"Charlie, are you shivering? It's like a hundred degrees in here," Parker mumbles and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of my thoughts. It might have something to do with the fact that I was shaking like a chihuahua. Not very attractive or first date material, I suppose.

Oh crap, did I just say first date? That wasn't what I mean, I swear. What I mean was first concert. First time hanging out alone with a boy. A cute boy. A cute boy who is surprisingly not an asshole and just asked me if this was a date.

Totally not a date.

"Umm, I'm fine. Just a bit... scared of crowds I guess," I answer, still shaking. And the fact that I just drank three cans of Red Bull on the way here is not helping.

"You? Scared of crowds?" Parker chuckles, raising an eyebrow. You know what, I take back that statement earlier about him not being an asshole.

"What, can't a girl have enochlophobia?" I huff, to which he just laughs even harder. Seriously, is it really that hard to believe?

"Yes, but then you are the girl who laughed in The Punxters face. The girl who managed to befriend Rhiannon Renee, who, to be honest is scary on many levels even to me. Not to mention, you just gave me several bruises. You just seem so fearless, and turns out that you're just a mere mortal like us too," Parker grins widely, patting me on my head. Wait. I come off as fearless to him? The only person who has ever said anything close to that was the nurse who gave me a shot when I was five, and that does not count because she said that to everyone.

Suddenly, the crowd begin to erupt in cheers. The lights dim, and a group of guys walk out onto the stage.

"It's starting," I whisper, hands trembling more than ever before. I can feel everything closing in on me at once, sounds and colors and people and light. " Parker, I don't think I can do this."

Parker stares at me for a moment, before bending down slightly, patting on his shoulders. "Climb on, you'll be above the crowd. I don't know how your fear works, but it's the least I can do."

"Parker, I know Kurt threw a baseball bat at you earlier, but have you gone batshit insane? You're the skinniest guy I've ever met, and your shoulders are bruised, in case you haven't noticed," I shout over the deafening sound around us. I can vaguely hear the band introduce themselves, and each of them settling in their place.

"Charlie, it's beginning. Hop on."

And I did.

-