Chapter 4

*flashback*

"Edward J Tucker. I grant you the adoption of Noah Porter Benson. Congratulations, Tucker family." Tucker smiled brightly and picked the 6 year old up off the floor hugging him tightly. Olivia's smiled spread ear to ear and Ed  pulled her into a hug with them. From behind them, Amanda and the whole squad snapped pictures of the happy family. 

They all traveled to the newly built Tucker home outside of the city, and sat upon their deck. They all clinked glasses while Noah played in the yard. "How does it feel to officially be Dad?" Nick asks Tucker as they all take their places on the outdoor patio set Olivia bought. He glanced at Liv and she smiled sadly at him. Tucker revealed to her that he had a daughter. But, she died at age 9. His wife brought her to the park and a shootout happened between a man and the cops who were chasing him. She caught a stray bullet. Her squad didn't know, so he didn't bring it up. "It feels good. I love No with everything in me and I am so glad it is official. I know he doesn't fully understand it but he will in the future." Olivia couldn't help but grin from the seat across from him. He knew when they got together, Olivia and Noah were a package deal. When she adopted Noah herself, she basically gave up the thought of getting married. Nobody would want an older woman plus a toddler. Except Ed. He took them both and has loved them both since the very beginning. "Daddy!" Noah yelled with glee as Nick started tickling him as he came up onto the deck. Everyone grinned as Tucker jumped up and joined in on the torture of his son. Liv poured glasses of wine and handed them out. "I still can't believe you are married to ball bustin' IAB Ed Tucker." Fin says shaking his head at her, with a playful smile. She shoots him a faux glare then laughed. She couldn't believe it either. After awhile, Liv excused herself and went inside. Quickly moving up the stairs, she shut herself in the master bathroom. She took a deep breath and willed the tears forming not to fall. She was so happy but a part of her felt sad. She noticed Noah taking a small preference for Ed over her. The other night he asked for him to read a book for bed. He told her that only he and Dad could paint his room. He never let Olivia pick out toys with him anymore. She knew Noah loved her more than life itself, but now she was going from being the only person he depended on and now there was 2. There was a knock on the door and she quickly started wiping her face. "Liv?" Tucker asked pushing the door open. She stared at the wall trying to compose herself enough to turn around. "Yeah?" She asks turning around and he stands there staring at her. "Babe, what's wrong?" He asks her moving to her and put his hands on her waist. She shook her head and looked away. "Nothing. We have to get back outside." She tried pulling away but he pulled her closer to him. "You do not lie to me Olivia. What is going on?" Ed put his hand on her cheek and she looked up. He could see the tears about to fall and he kissed her cheek. "If you didn't want this to happen Liv, why didn't you say anything?" He asked, letting her go, and leaning against the counter. She shook her head and wiped her eyes. "I did want this to happen." Olivia mumbles picking at her cuticles. He stared at her before repeating the world "did". Past tense. She didn't want it to happen now. He scoffed and walked out of the bathroom, letting the door slam shut behind him. Olivia sat on the counter and let the sobs overtake her body. 

Olivia sat in her bed that night listening to Tucker read her son a story. Their son. She had her reading glasses on as she scrolled through her emails. Work, work, work, and more work. After responding to them all, she put the phone down and put her glasses in the drawer. She heard footsteps and looked up to see Ed carrying Noah into the bedroom. "What is going on?" She asked sitting up. Noah practically jumped out of his arms onto the bed in front of her. "Night Mom." He gives her a big hug before kissing her. "I love you, baby. Sleep good." He climbs off the bed and ran back to his bed. Tucker shut the door and got into bed with his wife. "What happened today, Liv?" He asks taking off his shirt and tossed it towards the laundry basket. She laid against her pillows and crossed her arms against her chest. "It's nothing, Ed." She spits out and he turns to glare at her. "Why aren't you telling me what is going on?" He growls and she glares back at him. "You don't understand, Ed! My baby isn't a baby anymore. It hurts me that I missed his first months of life. I now am trying to deal with me not being the only person in his life. It hurts when he chooses you over me. I am sorry that I am trying to learn to share fully." Falling against her pillows again, she threw her hands over her face to cover her sobs. Ed just stared at her, shocked at the revelation. He pulled her hands away and kissed her hard. "He loves you, Olivia. Please don't forget that. I love you too. I will never let you forget that." 

The next morning Olivia woke up later than usual. Only a few minutes later, Noah and Ed came busting through the door. They got on the bed and put a tray over her legs. "Happy Mothers day, Mommy." Noah says kissing her cheek hard. "I love you." Tears welled up in her eyes and she hugged them tightly. This was her family.