Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Hannah turner

Mike's POV

Ryan will not be happy with what I did.I just kissed his mate and I know I'm gonna be dead.Ryan then mindlinked me and trust me he didn't sound so happy.

Ryan-I thought you were my bestfriend I can't believe you would kiss my mate!!

Me-Ryan, buddy I'm really sorry,I don't know what came over me

Ryan-After all we've been through!I sent you out to protect her not kiss her!

Me-It's not like you were going to do it.You fudging rejected her and yet you could've kept Veronica away from Riley yourself, you knew that!You just didn't want to accept her as your mate!

Ryan disconnected me and I rolled my eyes.Riley looked worried."What's wrong?"She asked me.So she was worried about me.I smiled at her."Nothing"I told her.She was sitting on my lap and we were looking out towards the lake.I kissed her forehead and trust me kissing her did not feel right.I really do like her, heck I love her!She's not my mate though and it feels wrong.I wasn't going to tell her that I was going to know who my actually mate is in a week.I really wished it was her but Ryan's her mate, it pains me.Riley looked up at me.I got lost into her eyes again and she kissed me.I kissed her back and pulled away.

She got up and streached out her hand for me to take.I did as told and she pulled me up.wow, she was strong.I pulled her close to me and we walked around the lake.I felt really bad for betraying my bestfriend and breaking his heart by kissing his mate and asking her to be my girlfriend.That's right I asked her to be my girlfriend and she accepted but Sam didn't quiet accept.She wasn't over Ryan's wolf,sky.

Ryan's POV

*Before Mike and Riley kissed*

I felt a sharp pain in my chest.It means my mate was kissing someone.I growled when I realized who was kissing her."how dare our beta kiss our mate"Growled Sky.I decided to mindlink Mike.The pain was hurting really bad.

Me-I thought you were my bestfriend I can't believe you would kiss my mate!!

Mike-Ryan, buddy I'm really sorry, I don't know what came over me

Me-After all we've been through!I sent you out to protect her not kiss her!

MIke-It's not like you were going to do it.You fudging rejected her and yet you could've kept Veronica away from Riley yourself, you knew that!you just didn't want to accept her as your mate!

I disconnect him because I was so angry at him right now.He stole my mate!"well you did reject her..."Sky started.I cut him out and stormed into the kitchen.I punched the counter, causing it to have a huge dent.I don't care.I was too angry."Hey, don't break the table!"Jacob shouted at me.I ignored him and the pain in my chest hurt really bad.I tied to ignore it but the pain just hurt worse so I decided to lay down.

Riley's PON

It didn't feel so right going out with Mike.I needed my mate and I couldn't deny it.Sam needed our mate and she kept whimpering.It was heartbreaking.I knew that me dating Mike isn't gonna last long because I knew that he was gonna find his mate soon.I really wished it was Mike and not that jerk Ryan."He's not a jerk!You're making a mistake going out with Mike when really you can't deny that you are in love with Ryan!"Sam growled.I sighed."Sam I know you're upset but no need to be a jerk!"I shouted at her."I'm not the jerk here!You're going out with your mate's best friend!That's low"I rolled my eyes at her.

I felt eyes on me and I turned around and so did Mike.A girl with long brown hair and blue eyes, almost black, glared at me.She charged at me while changing into her wolf form.I shifted into a much bigger wolf.I was 3x her size.The wolf growled at me and I growled back.Mike watched in horror.The wolf charged at me again and I dodged her.I turned to look at Mike and he was staring at me.I heard him mumble "beautiful"I knew that the wolf was charging at me so I turned around and bit the fudge out of her.She whimpered and Sam pulled away.

Mike's POV

I watched in horror as Veronica and Riley fought.Riley was the most beautiful wolf I've ever seen."beautiful"I heard myself mumble.Riley and Veronica continued to fight.Ryan showed up in his wolf form and growled at Veronica.I stood there shocked and unaware what was about to happen.

Ryan's POV

"Mate Danger!"sky growled.I shifted into my wolf and followed my mate's scent.I found her and saw Veronica about to charge at Riley and Riley was into her wolf and she was huge and beautiful.Her fur was red and she had the same green, beautiful eyes.I growled at Veronica."Stay away from my mate"I growled loudly,In my alpha tone.Veronica ran away into the woods and I went back into my human form, only wearing my shorts.Riley went behinde a tree and shifted with her clothes on.She glared at me.I turned around and glared at Mike

Now we were glaring at each other."Why are you here!"Riley asked.My face softened as I turned towards Riley."Riley please let me explain why I rejected you"I pleaded.She nodded.Mike immediately went beside Riley's side and wrapped his arm around her waist.I growled."The reason why I rejected you is because my ex girlfriend Veronica wants me back, I told her I had a mate and she said she would find you and kill you.I didn't want you to die so I rejected you but eventually she found you."I explained.She suddenly looked guilty."Oh, Ryan I'm really sorry Sam was depressed and she-"Riley started but I interrupted her."No Riley,I'm sorry , you have mike now I hope your happy'then i walked way.