Chapter 8

Layla pov

"I can't handle this!" I screamed at Ashton after a long day of luna duties. "They expect me to be nurturing and sweet and that's just not who I am!" Ashton took a deep breath and responded calmly, too calmly. "Honey, they expect you to be yourself. We know you're not the 'typical' luna, and we are happy about that. You're perfect." I screamed in frustration, "stop being sweet ya hairy butthead!" He chuckled, forcing a laugh to bubble out of me too. "A butthead? Really?" I began to laugh harder thinking about the stupidness of the entire argument "Sorry ashton, I just needed to take out my frustrations" he sighed,
"It's alright layla, but lets get you a punching bag,"
"Deal," we both laughed and got prepared for bed.
.
.
.
.
.
Ashtons pov

Things have been going great, layla gets a bit overwhelmed sometimes but she can handle it. My father is still not the most accepting of layla, but some of the others have started to come around. I looked out the window in my office and saw her sitting under one of my favorite trees on the estate, she was reading a book. I have found that reading is by far her favorite pass time. I watched as the sun shone through her blonde hair and her crystal blue eyes danced across the page reading words quickly. She was hunched over the book with her back against the trunk of the tree. She was dressed perfectly for the cooler weather. She has adapted a mildly luna-ish way of dressing, I knew she would never be the one to wear ornate dresses and to constantly wear heels, and I loved that about her. If my buddies could hear my thoughts they would laugh at me for hours.
*We CAN hear your thoughts bro* I heard alex say through mind-link.
*dammnit, did I leave my thoughts open again?* I responded. I heard alex's laugh through my mind *sure did man* I instantly closed off my thoughts and went to go meet layla.
.
.
.
.
.
Unknown pov

I watched as ashton ran and picked layla up and swung her around in his arms. I curled my lip in disgust as I lurked in the shadows, keeping a close eye on the pitiful couple. I WILL be the undoing of them. That girl is NOT the true luna.