Chapter 15

Ashtons pov
  I'll admit, I was grumpy.. having to leave layla at home while I do pack work was not my idea of a good time. I sighed and rubbed the tense space between my eyebrows as I listened to the pack warriors argue. The were fighting over the best way to secure our borders.. I couldn't say this to Layla but there have been some breaches lately, just some rogue wolves testing our borders but it's still cause for some concern. I couldn't burden her with that, not with how stressed she's been about my father. I just cant understand why he hates her so much... I've been trying to come up with ways to make him see how much stronger she makes me as an alpha.

Just as that thought ran through my mind, I received a text from me dad. It read:
"Hey son I know I havent been very supportive of you and your human but, I'd like to try. Let's have dinner tonight at your place."

I reread the text three times trying to find clues to his sudden change of heart. I guess he really wants to try... I better wrap up this work so I can help Layla prepare for dinner.

_________________________________________

Hey guys I knows it's short and I know it's been a long time but I am back and ready to update on the regular!