Chapter four

Layla's pov

When I woke up again I was in the large room all alone. I decided now was as good time as any to try to escape. As I surveyed the room I noticed a window with no curtains and opened it. I looked through it and noticed a tree with branches reaching toward me. One of the branches reached the window, so as silently as I could, I climbed out and scurried down the tree. I started sprinting into the woods as fast as I could. I ignored all the branches snagging my clothes and grabbing at me and concentrated on not tripping and running. The only thing on my mind was getting away from the monsters that destroyed my family. So I did what I always do... I ran.

Ashton's pov.

I started to make my way to the room we gave my mate from my office, as I opened the door, I noticed my mate was missing and the curtainless window was open "All available pack trackers meet me in the living room!" I yelled out, frustration clear in my voice. "All men search the woods, we need to find your luna and my mate!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ashton's pov still

As we searched the seemingly everlasting woods, I finally picked up my mates pleasant scent. "Men, I have the sent follow me, use formation B!" as we got closer I could make out my running mates form. I finally caught up to her and threw her over my shoulder with her thrashing around.
"Dammit!" she yelled as she struggled to get out of my hold, while me and some of my men chuckled. "Bring her home boys, where she WILL STAY!" I said as she just hung her head in defeat.