10.| Adjustments

"Guys, no," (y/n) exaggerated.

"Please, (y/m/n)," the boys pleaded.

"Na-uh."

The gang were currently sitting on Remus' bed in the hospital wing after a particularly nasty Full Moon - the wolfsbane didn't take effect and there was a lot of aggression and violence.

"Lads, if she doesn't want to do it the she doesn't have to," Remus told them tiredly. "It's technically against the law anyway."

"But it's only a spell," James moaned.

"People have been killed making spells," (y/n) answered.

"In fairness, your boyfriend is a werewolf and you spend three nights a month with him fully formed which nearly got you killed last night," Remus said.

"So?"

"Please, (y/n)," Peter pleaded with his hands clasped in a prayer position.

"Fine, I'll have a read on how to do it and see if it's possible," she sighed. "That is, once I'm out of this place."

"I guess we will have to wait a while," James acknowledged. "That's a pretty nasty break that-" (y/n) shot him a look. "You know what, shall we go get some breakfast and we'll sneak you some back, (y/n)."

"I'm staying," Remus stated in a tone that issued a warning for anyone who wanted to tell him otherwise.

"We'll bring you some food as well then," Sirius said, dragging the boys out.

"Thank you, brother dearest," (y/n) called.

"Any time, sister dearest!"

"Look," Remus started when he saw that the others had left.

"No, you look," (y/n) interrupted. "Don't you dare apologise because it's my own fault. You said from the beginning that if you're having a particularly bad night not to try and calm you down and I went and did that. Technically, it wasn't even you that did it."

"I'm still a monster for doing it."

"You're really not."

"But-"

"No buts," (y/n) said, putting a finger to his lips. Remus took hold of her wrist and took it away from his face and instead, linked their fingers together and clasped his other hand over hers.

"All I was going to say was that a broken knee from being thrown at a wall in animagus form then changing back could cause a lot of problems and may mean that I'm going to have to carry you around everywhere because there's no lifts here," Remus smiled.

"What's a lift?"

"Why do I have to be the half-blood one?" Remus sighed.

(y/n) smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "I love you either way."

"I know you do," Remus grinned, leaning his forehead against hers. He kissed her nose quickly. "And I guess I love you too."