BONUS CHAPTER: Day One

"Sirius, I'm nervous."

"Don't be nervous, (y/n)!" Sirius exclaimed. "You're a Black!"

"So?" (y/n) said.

"Everyone will love us!"

"But what if -?"

"No 'buts' and no 'what-ifs?', (y/n)," Sirius interrupted. "Let's just wait here for Mother and Reggie and think about all the people that'll start bowing down to us."

"All right," (y/n) said gently, excitement suddenly running through her body.

"Come on, Mother!" Sirius shouted.

"Yes, yes, Sirius," Mrs Black said briskly, marching along with a relatively quiet Regulus following behind her. "Just run through the barrier with your trolley, dears. Regulus and I will come through shortly."

"Me or you first?" (y/n) asked.

"I think there's enough room for the two of us to go at the same time," Sirius said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Well, let's see, shall we?" (y/n) replied, the same look in her grin. "See you in a moment, Mother!"

Sirius and (y/n) Black were the eldest children of Orion and Walburga Black and twin brother and sister. They had been brought up in a respectable family with a lot of wealth and received years of homeschooling, resulting in them being highly intelligent in nearly all the subjects they'd be learning at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizadry, a school which they were beginning that day.

"Dear, Merlin," (y/n) and Sirius gasped as the duo emerged from the barrier.

They gazed around the hectic scene - children and parents running around the platform, owls screeching in their cages as they were placed into the luggage carriage and there, ready and waiting in all its shiny scarlet glory stood -

"The Hogwarts Express!" the two eleven-year-olds exclaimed, beginning to run towards the edge of Platform nine and three-quarters.

"Children!" Mrs Black called after them. "Sirius! (y/n)! Come back here, now!"

"But, Mother, it's the Hogwarts Express!" Sirius shouted back above the noise.

"It's practically the same as being in Hogwarts, Mother!" (y/n) added.

"We need to get on there as soon as possible!"

"Because we need to get a seat!"

"Not to mention that we need to put our luggage away!"

"And -"

"All right, children," Mrs Black interrupted. "Go and take your luggage to the carriage and meet Regulus and I back here in five minutes."

"Yes, Mother!" Sirius and (y/n) said eagerly as they ran off, Sirius pushing the trolley and (y/n) sprinting alongside him with her cardigan flapping behind her.

"Sorry!" (y/n) apologised as she bumped into a tall boy with long platinum-blond hair tied back with a black ribbon, a gleaming green badge with the letter 'P' pinned to his chest.

"First-years," he muttered as (y/n) chased after Sirius to catch up with him.

"Hey, wasn't that Lucius Malfoy?" Sirius asked when they reached the luggage carriage.

"Oh, yeah," (y/n) breathed, her eyes then widening slightly as her brain processed the fact. "You don't think he'll tell Mother that I bumped into him, do you?"

"Probably not," Sirius said after some thought. "Although, if he did, I doubt Mother would care. It's a trivial thing."

"But remember what happened last time?" (y/n) said with an apprehensive look.