11.| Career Advice and Quidditch

May soon came breezing through the grounds of Hogwarts and finally, after months and months of waiting, the first quidditch match of the year was played. Dumbledore refused for the matches to continue until suitable security was put in place around the castle. With the increasing threat of the so-called Lord Voldemort and his Death Eater followers, it was no wonder that Dumbledore was concerned about the risk of the dark wizards and witches entering the castle if the whole school was watching a quidditch match down on the quidditch pitch.

It was quite terrifying really, how someone so evil had managed to influence the thoughts of nearly half the wizarding community, including some of the students in Hogwarts itself. Rumours around the school suggested that some of the current pupils were planning on leaving school early and seeing as it was believed that almost all of the Black family tree had shared views or had become Death Eaters - with the exception of the Weasleys - everyone thought that the Black twins were soon to follow them.

These thoughts, however, were soon dismissed in the corridors of the castle just the day before.

"Muggle born's family found dead at home." Lily read the title of the front-page report. "I don't want to read this anymore." She held her arm out with the newspaper away from her as she continued to walk with a concerned expression on her face.

"How could anyone do that?" (y/n) spat as she grabbed the paper from Lily.

"Read the front page have you, Black?" the sixth year Gruffindor asked, whom the group had learned was called Jack.

"What do you think?"

"Have you read further down the page yet? It's believed that Bellatrix Black did it as she was the last person seen leaving the house," Jack continued. "Does the name ring a bell?"

"Indeed it does," Sirius answered.

"I've heard that the Blacks are favoured by this Voldemort wizard," Jack said snidely.

"If you're even suggesting what I think you are, I can get that badge on your chest taken off you like that," (y/n) growled with a click of her fingers at the end of her sentence.

"Try me," Jack pushed. "My title being taken off me isn't as bad as the fact that your whole family is headed for Azkaban."

"First of all, how dare you suggest that we are at all like dear Bella here," (y/n) began angrily, pointing at the newspaper. "Secondly, how dare you accuse us of wanting to be a part of something as horrific as this is, especially when we are best friends with a muggleborn."

By now, everyone walking past had stopped to listen.

"Not only that," Sirius added, "but how dare you judge us by the surname which we wish we didn't have to carry around on our backs. Unless you haven't realised, we don't particularly live up to the values of a Black."

"We've been burnt off our family tree because we are so against this idea that wizards should only be purely bred," (y/n) carried on. "We were disowned by our mother for making our own friends - people who she saw as outcasts and unsuitable for a 'noble' family."

"So don't you dare suggest anything like that ever again," the two finished in unison before walking off with Lily, James and Remus close behind them - Peter said he needed to go to the toilets. As they walked off, the brother and sister both pointed their wands backwards and sent a bat-bogey hex Jack's way. It's safe to say that the mucus bats were double the size they should have been.