t w e n t y o n e

|TwentyOne|

|TwentyOne|

Like the constant pitter-patter of morning rain, worry began to consume me.

What?

"L-lucifer?" I began, tilting my head as I took a step forward, "do you not remember me?"

Lucifer's taffy lips curved up into a small smile, "Of course I do. You fell from the sky!"

"No. No. I mean, yes I did fall from the sky, though, I'm talking about after that - do you remember me after that incident?"

Lucifer paused and pulled his hands away from Lilith who was staring me down with those yellow-reptile-like eyes of hers. "I never saw you again after that," Lucifer explained with a shrug. "Are you here because of the Fates?"

Lilith took his open-ended question as a chance to but in, "Yes Lucifer! The Fates sent her to trick you again! Don't listen to her! Come on, let's continue with our plans!"

"Oh, don't be so pathetic Lilith," Aggy groaned with a roll of her eyes. She stood up from her seat with a sigh, "Lucifer," she began, skirting past the row of other demons - all sharing the same look of surprise, "you knew Charmeine after that. She came down here, like, three weeks after that, don't you remember? I mean I know Lilith toyed with your memories of her and deleted them all but do you not remember Charmeine at all?"

"Lilith did what?" Lucifer growled, turning to face Lilith with a darkened expression.

"Lucifer! I did no such thing!"

"LIAR!" I interrupted with a scoff. Was Lilith serious? Trying to play it off as if she was the victim here?

"Lucifer!" Lilith let out a pathetic whine and latched onto Lucifer, tugging him closer to her. "Let's continue the ceremony! Ignore her - she's just an angel, what does she know?"

Lucifer wasted no time pushing her away. "No. Let's stop this. Demons!" he addressed, gaining the attention of everyone in the room, "I appear to have wasted your time! Leave!"

"No!" Lilith called out, desperate for the ceremony to continue. "Don't leave!"

The demons ignored her and began to one by one file out of the large room in a low mutter. Neat rows were forgotten. There was no sense of order when the demons were leaving - it was chaos.

With all of the chaotic movement and lack of patience - nobody paid any attention to the short lilac-haired woman, not until it was far too late.