Just A Usual Day

"Kelsey? Kelsey hurry up you'll miss the bus" yelled my foster mom Katie.

"Watch where your going twerp." Mumbled my foster brother Caleb
"I didn't even touch you." I defended

That morning was just an average morning for my foster family, busy and chaotic.

I was running to catch the bus to go to school with Caleb and Zachary my two older foster siblings running along. We got to the bus before it left. Caleb went to the back of the bus as usual and Zachary to the front. I plowed myself down in an empty seat. I didn't have very many friends.

My name is Kelsey Marie Smith. I'm 14 years old and I go from home to home because my biological parents are dead. I live in Madison, Wisconsin. I have long wavy brown hair with big black glasses. I was smart I got As and Bs except math. I was always bad at math. I couldn't stay in one home for over 6 months. I always got in fights. I don't know why trouble follows me, it just does.

I hated the bus. I had maybe 3 or 4 friends but non of them erode the bus so I just listened to music. One time I forgot my phone and had to sit though an entire 30 minute bus ride listening to guys rate me. I don't know why they liked me. It was always weird there was no one who was ever just ok with me. You either liked me or you didn't.

I'm one of the hates to socialize people which probably explains why I only have 3 friends.

When the bus got to school I tried to get to my locker fast because I had to finish my math homework. Brandon one of my friends met up with me halfway because we have first period together and always walk to class. Brandon was a nice boy, quiet but had a huge heart.

"Kelsey why do you always put your homework off? How do you get on honed role? You don't even study for quizzes!"  Said Brandon

"Honestly I ask myself the same question every day." I said

"Wanna hang out after school?" Said Brandon

"Ok but I have to be back at 5pm for extra swim practice." I said

"You and the swimming. That's like your life."

I was a competitive swimmer. I was pretty fast to. It was the one sport I liked besides track.

"Sorry Brandon. States coming up in a week and if I'm not prepared..."

"It's fine kels I get it." Brandon interrupted.

Kels was a name only Brandon and my firends called me. Everyone else calls me Kelsey or Smith.

"C'mon, we"ll be late for first period." Said Brandon interrupting my rain of thought.

Me and Brandon walked to class as usual and dreaded every minute of it. Like I said just a usual day.