chapter six

Vanessa was woken up by voices, almost screaming, in the living room. So, with tired eyes and yawning, she made her way to all the noise to find Marco and Giuliana, singing their hearts out, to a Rihanna song.

''What time is it?'' She asked them, once they noticed her standing there confused ''It's Rihanna time!'' Marco exclaimed as they continued singing to a song Vanessa could tell was You Da One.

She sighed and made her way to the kitchen, to wake herself up with some food. Still wondering what time it was, she was sure it was still early in the morning. The clock on the stove told otherwise, indicating it was almost noon.

She served herself some cereal and orange juice as she sat down, to witness the karaoke concert Marco and Giuliana were throwing. They danced and even pretended to kiss in certain moments, Vanessa feeling quite okay with it all.

She told herself that this was the way these people lived, like it was all brought out from a 90's teen movie. Always drinking, dancing, singing, just living their lives like there was no tomorrow.

Vanessa had to get on track, step out of her shell and join them. But not that day because they had woken her up at a bad time.

Twenty minutes later, Valentina arrived with Kenneth. She quickly joined her two friends as Kenneth sat beside Vanessa, they both were alike in this situation, which she appreciated knowing there was at least someone in the group who was quiet for once.

''They do this every single Saturday.'' He informed Vanessa as she rolled her eyes, not being able to believe this was a routine ''It's fun to watch, though.'' He said with a chuckle.

Vanessa noticed how Kenneth's eyes never left Valentina's and she smiled lightly at the scene. She liked how Kenneth's admiration towards the girl was genuine, he showed he liked her with small details she probably didn't notice but everyone else did.

''So, all you do is watch them sing?'' Vanessa asked, making Kenneth break his stare ''No, we go out for lunch. I think Giuliana wanted to take you sight-seeing today.'' Kenneth told her as she opened her eyes in surprise.

It was the first-time Giuliana was going to take Vanessa out to somewhere interesting, the only place she had been with her was that club. Not that she complained, but this was the reason she was here to begin with.

''Gabe's gonna join us over at the restaurant.'' Kenneth said and she quickly wondered about Sean, ''What about...'' She couldn't finish her question because Kenneth smiled before saying ''He's working today.''

Kenneth looked at Vanessa as she nodded slowly and went back to eating her cereal.

''Giuliana tells me that Sean and you are getting along quite well.'' He said, crossing his arms as his eyes went back to the scene in front of him ''Uh, yeah.'' She simply answered while nodding.

He gave her a questioning look as the girl kept eating and even though Vanessa could feel his gaze on her, she pretended it was nothing. What was the deal with this people and Sean?

Aren't they supposed to be friends?

----

As Gabe de Guzman took a picture of Giuliana and Valentina in front of a brick wall on the street, Kenneth still looked at Vanessa with intent, which made her feel really uncomfortable.

''Why are you staring at me?'' She asked him, almost as a whisper, which made the guy realize that it was rude ''Oh, sorry.'' He said, quickly apologizing.