chapter seven

When the group arrived back to Rome, it was 7 PM. It was dark and everybody was starting to head home. Giuliana took Vanessa's hand as they walked down the street after saying goodbye to their friends.

''So, did you like it?'' Giuliana asked her, keeping her eyes on the street ''Yes, it was really beautiful.'' Vanessa admitted, going back a few hours when they were on the restaurant.

''I always talk trash about Italy but it's a gorgeous place to be in.'' Giuliana said as they neared her apartment ''I thought you hated to live here.'' Vanessa said with a chuckle ''Well, yeah, I do. Italy is nice to visit, not live in.''

Giuliana and Vanessa climbed the stairs up to the blonde's apartment but they stopped as they heard music coming from it. Vanessa started thinking if they had let the speakers on from the karaoke session that afternoon but Giuliana knew exactly why it was.

''Sean's back from work.'' She almost whispered ''What?'' Vanessa asked confused and Giuliana raised her eyebrows and told her to wait ''He hates being disturbed when he's doing it, gotta wait till the song's done.'' Giuliana explained, confusing Vanessa even more.

Vanessa tried to talk but Giuliana quickly shushed her, pointing at the door in front of them. Vanessa sighed and crossed her arms and she waited with Giuliana until the song's melody started fading and then stopped.

At this, Giuliana mumbled finally and opened the door, knowing it would be open since Sean always left it that way when he came. He was scrolling through his phone, trying to find a new song until he noticed the two girls' presence in the room.

''Oh, hey.'' He simply said, taking the aux cord off his phone and putting it right away in his pocket ''I brought you something.'' Giuliana said, showing him the bag that contained food from the restaurant they had lunch at, which brought a smile to his face.

Sean quickly grabbed the bag as Giuliana made her way to her room, shutting the door closed, announcing she was going to take a nice shower; leaving Vanessa alone with the guy.

''How was the trip?'' Sean asked, coming right back from the kitchen with a fork on his hand ''It was really nice.'' She responded, sitting on the couch opposite to him, watching him admire the food.

He didn't talk back until he finished eating, time that Vanessa used to scroll through her phone and see the picture she had taken with it, including the one Marco took of her.

''I got your picture, by the way.'' He said, catching Vanessa's attention once again ''You did? Marco took it, he asked me if he could send it to you.'' She informed him and he nodded, he already knew.

He didn't talk about it anymore and he made himself to the kitchen, coming back with a bottle of Giuliana's white wine and two glasses ready to be filled. Vanessa looked at him curiously and waited for him to explain.

He filled the glasses with the wine and handed one to her, he then made his way to the balcony and Vanessa watched him completely confused but she decided to follow him and find out what was going on.

He stood there staring at the city lights as he drank the liquid, it looked as if though he was deep in thought. Vanessa had to admit she wished she could be in his head, to know and understand what was going on inside there.

''You think too much.'' She mumbled and he came back to reality as soon as he heard her speak ''Is it bad, though?'' He asked, looking at her ''Depends on what you're thinking about.'' She shrugged and he nodded ''Or who, maybe.'' she mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear her.