THREE

❝I'M SCARED TO LIVE BUT I'M SCARED TO DIE.❞

__________

__________

ACT TWO
SCENE ONE

HAVEN TRIED TO KEEP HERSELF AS OCCUPIED AS POSSIBLE.

It'd only been a day since The Saviors arrived and took half of everything, yet it felt like an eternity ago.

Trying to keep her mind off from his offer, Haven grew frustrated at everything. Rick wouldn't let her accompany himself and Aaron on their run because he was worried for her state. She didn't know if that was his actual concern or if she'd somehow signal Negan to come early again.

She didn't want to think that her own family would judge her, especially for something that was out of her control. But that didn't mean everyone else in Alexandria wouldn't. Ever since they witnessed her confrontations with Negan, they'd either give her side eyes or just wouldn't look at her at all.

The sound of an approaching automobile to their gates interrupted her thoughts, making her rush, in hopes that it was someone from the group, or maybe even Tara, who hadn't been back yet, or maybe Carol.

She really missed Carol.

Once she slid open the blinder to reveal who was on the other side, Haven felt like sliding it back closed and calling it a day.

"What the hell do you want? Besides obviously trying to be Daryl." Surprised to see Dwight alone without any of the other Saviors, Haven had yet to open the gate fully for the blond man.

"Negan sent me. He told me to personally hand deliver this." Reluctantly taking the yellow envelope, Haven glanced up at Dwight, trying to give him the clue that he could leave.

"Oh no, he also gave me specific orders to watch you open it. So by all means!" Rolling her eyes, Haven ripped open the envelope. Her erupt actions had caused something to fall down, being able to hold onto the piece of paper attached to it.

Kneeling down to pick up the fallen piece, the moment she flipped it above, both of her knees gave up on her.

It was a photo of her. The photo Daryl always carried.

He knew.

Not wanting to see the look of satisfaction in Dwight's face, her eyes switched focus to the paper in her other hand. It was a small letter and it didn't take her twice to realize who had written her the message.