SIX

❝IGNITE THE FLAME INSIDE AND I WILL BURN YOU.❞

_________

_________

ACT FOUR
SCENE ONE

SHE HEARD GUNSHOTS.

It was something she was used to, but this time, it was different. She felt like it was.

Haven wanted to run out of the room, go track down where those gunshots came from, but she knew better than to push her luck.

It had only been a couple of days since she last saw Daryl. Sure, she'd seen him when Negan purposefully made Daryl be the one to bring the woman food and clean clothes, but she doesn't count that as an actual confrontation.

Octavia's visits became more frequent. Haven was beginning to think it was a 'Negan's wife' thing to do, but when Octavia said that most of the other wives were anything but welcoming, she thought maybe Octavia could actually be a friend.

An ally.

But it had been an hour past the time Octavia always showed up, and no sign of her. Haven was freaking out. Had he found out that Octavia was the one who helped her see Daryl? Were the gunshots directed at her?

"Haven?" Her thoughts disappeared, turning her head towards the door to reveal Octavia dressed in a black dress.

"There you are. I thought something had happened-" Haven noticed something in Octavia's arms, it was a white dress. Scrunching up her eyebrows in confusion, Octavia shut the door behind her and laid the dress on the nearby bed.

"Sorry I'm late, had to see Negan before I came. He wants me to take you somewhere, to see something." Her voice was uneasy, something strange and unusual coming from Octavia. Haven hadn't known her for more than a couple of days, yet she knew something was wrong.

"Where? Octavia, what the hell did he do?"

"Haven, just listen, please. Also, put that on. I'm giving you five minutes." Without letting her say another word, Haven watched Octavia walk out the bedroom door. Her eyes trailed over to white dress thrown across her bed, it was cute, she'd say that, but like hell did she want to put something Negan basically ordered her to do so.

But the way Octavia said it gave her second thoughts, making her push her ego aside for once. She couldn't bear the thought of herself being responsible for something happening to Octavia.

_________

ACT FOUR
SCENE TWO

SHE HADN'T SPOKEN A WORD TO OCTAVIA YET.

She seemed off to Haven, convincing her more and more that Negan had done something.

Arriving in front of a two door room, Octavia looked back to the brunette, sighing out as she slid open the door.

Behind the doors, all eyes were on them, or more specifically, on Haven. Six women, all dressed in black, lifted their attention from a crying blond to the brunette dressed in white.

"Well, guess I didn't get the dress code." Haven felt out of place, even more after Octavia left her side to sit down next to one of the women.

"That's because you aren't his wife." One woman spoke, and not in a nice way. There was a difference between the way Octavia said it the first time they met compared to how this woman said it.

"Am I supposed to be offended by that?" Rolling her eyes, the woman focused her attention back on the crying blond, making Haven sigh out in annoyance and walk towards a free seat near the bar.

Trying to ignore the looks she was receiving, there was one that Haven couldn't shake off. The woman with a short haircut, her look wasn't one of annoyance or jealousy, it was of sympathy.

Before she could go over and introduce herself, the sound of voices and footsteps interrupted her actions, making the other women in the word stand up from surrounding the blond woman and sitting back down.

"Ladies." Haven already had his damn voice memorized like the palm of her hand, making her shut her eyes, taking in a deep breath before opening them up.

"Oh, don't mind the kid." That was enough to break her away from actions, making Haven whip her eyes up to see what the hell Negan was speaking of.

It was as if he was waiting for her to do just so since he was staring right at her the moment her eyes met his, then to who stood beside him.

"Carl." It was a whisper, but Negan could hear it, making him smirk as he was getting exactly what he wanted.

"He's a damn kid! You stupid, asshole-"
Haven had been too quick for Negan to react quickly, shocked to when he felt the woman shove him back.

The rest of his wives sat back, shocked at what was occurring before them. However, Carl wasn't. He'd grown up seeing Haven, who was basically like his aunt, kill the living and dead when necessary. He knew Negan had yet to see that and he'll be damned once he does.

"A kid who's a serial killer in the making, I'm telling you! Dammit Haven, and here I was  thinking you were going to make some friends. You aren't giving such a mighty first impression."

"I don't give a shit about what your wives think of me." Just as she was going to lunge forward once again, Haven felt an arm snake around her waist, holding her back from attacking the man before her again.

"Ah, my dear Octavia. Take this one back to my room, give her a little time to cool off." All attention reverted back to Negan, not believing that he had just said to take her to his room.

Not taking the risk to let Haven do more damage, Octavia took her by the hand and walked her out of the room, but not without Haven giving Carl one last look.

"You're fucking insane. You can't do that shit. Just cause he likes you doesn't mean he won't kill you, your brother, and the kid." Not wanting to say anything she'd regret to her only friend, Haven caught sight of Dwight dragging along Daryl.

The siblings gave each other a look, for once, they were on the same page.

__________

THIS EPISODE IS GOING TO BE SPLIT IN VARIOUS CHAPTERS BC OSJCKSKF IT WAS SO GOOD

y'all are about to see Haven be a badass soon, I'm so EXCITED