CHAPTER ONE

I live in Miami, Florida. I have 2 siblings. The oldest one is Camille, but I like to call her Cami. When I was 5 years old, my sister Eleanor, who I call Ellie was born. I was really happy cause I wanted someone to play with; I mean, I was a kid and Cami is 3 years older than me so she didn't like the games I used to play anymore. We were all really happy. Cami was very popular, Ellie had some really good friends, and I..well I wasn't exactly that kind of super-popular girl. I was the girl who always ended with rubbers in her hair. Anyone thought I was cool or something like that,

You got it right..

but you got it wrong too

In fact, I loved reading books and got really good grades (I still do). No one ever fancied me, and when I fancied someone, there were 3 possibilities:

-He liked me but thought I wasn't exactly "cute"

-He was a 200% afraid of my "weirdness" (the ones who thought that were mostly blondies)

-He had a girlfriend, or was into another one

You must think the most reasonable is n.3, but nah. And NO! I'm not a homewrecker! It wasn't my fault AT ALL, that the one I fancied had a super-beautiful yet a super-mega dumb blonde chick who was his girlfriend. I had never, ever been in a relationship, which made me feel kinda sad sometimes so yeah, I just locked myself in my bedroom and cried for some...10 minutes. I've never liked anyone to see me cry. Not even my parents. No one at all. But back to the point (lol), my friends are always telling me that there's some prince charming waiting for me. I don't believe in those "prince charming" fairytales. They are not true! Many guys may think I'm cute, but they would never have a relationshipwith me, not even friendship(←which is what I want), because...guess what! They think I would ruin their reputation. Which reputation buddy? The one that says you are a bad boy in front of girls and boys, but when your mommy is near, you use the best manners and vocabulary ever?! That reputation? Oh man! What you really are, is a succesfully recycled coward.

As I told you before, everyone still thinks I'm a cute weirda. They keep throwing rubbers to me, and yeah I defend myself. The only thing I would never, in my whole stupid life, tell someone is: "Grow up!" Why? Okay, imagine a fruit. That fruit is healthy and childlike. But then, there's another pinhead who tells her she needs to mature. Hey buddy, the ones who mature first, are the ones who get rotten faster! I am a 16 years old, with quite a good sense of humour, though. The thing's that no one lets me show them what I really am, I'm never given a chance..but I'm used to it so..ñe who cares! Oh yeah, and my name is Alex.

*********

We arrive at the clinic and my friends are done with their first classes, apparently waiting for me in the hall, but I text them meanwhile mom's driving and tell them everything that happened. I'm seriously on edge and I just want to explode in a thousand tears, I just don't understand why things don't usually go my way..

Life can be so unfair sometimes..

*or maybe you don't understand why things happen the way they do..*

Oh this beloved voice in my head.."HELLO, we're coming to Caroline White's checking." My mom tells the lady, a little abruptly..I think she figured out I was spacing out, she never liked that. "Yes, the doctor is waiting for you." The lady replies with a tired smile; who knows how hard her job is and here I am, complaining because of an inoffensive throat issue.

Inoffensive
inoffensive..

Inoffensive..
We'll see..

"Goodmorning Alex, hello Deborah (my mom's name)! Alex I want you to sit here so I can check your throat. Please, say: aah." "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" I chuckle mid-aaah because I think of how ridiculous I must be looking, but then my throat aches and my mom shoots me a what-on-earth-is-wrong-with-you-stop-that-grow-up-you're-making-me-look-bad look, yes yes, that long, so I just close my eyes and begin again, obeying to what the doctor told me before. I hate the feeling of puking when he introduces the stick in my mouth so I do it on my own. "Well, Alex, nothing serious. Just a flu that has to be treated carefully, of course."
Okay that sounds good but right now a flu of any kind is no good.

"Umm..but I have a..performance at school in Monday, and I don't know if..well...I will be able to sing."

"I don't think so, Alex, your throat needs rest. If you force it too much, you can cause a hemorragic fluid in one of your vocal cords. I'm so sorry, but it really doesn't seem to be any alternative."

Sometimes, when apparently nothing goes your way, don't pay your all atention to your problems, look at the good side, may God want to teach you something out of it? And think on your blessings, think of what you already have, even when you think it's not too much..

***********

Thanks for reading! I swear I'll try to update. Please vote and rate :D  I'm cherryoaktrees and if you don't follow me I'll look for you, I'll draw this plan just like Taken's, sneak into your house wherever you dwell AND

^^ ♥ I would be really thankful if you follow me why thanks predictable thanks right!! God bless you all a lot!