"Let me come with you," Mia begged Rick when he, Glenn, T-Dog and Daryl were just about ready to head out and bring Merle back from the city

"Let me come with you," Mia begged Rick when he, Glenn, T-Dog and Daryl were just about ready to head out and bring Merle back from the city. She could only imagine how angry and violent Merle Dixon would be when he returned. "Come on, you know I'm a good shot. Probably."

"No, we have all the people we need," he responded. "You stay here and keep everyone safe. Keep Carl and your mom safe...yeah?"

The sound of a car horn beeped repeatedly and impatiently, and out came the impatient bellow of Daryl Dixon. "Come on, let's go!"

"Okay?" Rick said to Mia and Carl. Mia draped an arm over Carl's shoulder as he nodded his head.

Carl slipped out from beneath Mia's arm as she looked dramatically at the van moving out. It stared to leave down the road to enter the dead-infested city once more. She waved at Rick when he looked at her through the mirror, he waved back, a certain look on his face. Like he didn't want to leave. After all, he'd gone through hell to find them. But he was a good man who was responsible for Merle Dixon's fate and he knew that. 

"Can you do my hair like that?" A timid voice questioned from behind Mia. She spun around and her eyes fell upon twelve-year-old Sophia. Mia brushed her fingers through the front of her hair.

"I don't know, I think your hair might be too short," she said, pouting as Sophia's face fell. "But I can do something else if you'd like."

For the next hour Mia spent with Sophia sitting on the grass in front of her. She ran her fingers through Sophia's hair over and over, contemplating which style to settle on in her dirty blonde hair. Combing a few knots from her hair, Mia pulled strands out of her left hand and into her right. She braided Sophia's hair into a half braid that went across her head like a crown. When Mia finished, she stood Sophia up and turned her around to face her so she could get a good look at her. Something had been missing though. Mia picked a flower out of the nearest bush and tucked it behind Sophia's ear.

All while Sophia's father who was sitting, looking disgruntled, by the camp was sending cold looks their way.

"Wow, you look so pretty," Mia told her, ignoring Ed's stare. Mia brought Sophia over to the RV and moved the mirror down so the little girl could see herself.

"That looks really cool!" Sophia said, still staring at herself in the mirror. She looked away from the mirror and wrapped her arms timidly around my torso. "Thank you," she said quietly. And that was the longest conversation Mia had with Sophia; she'd never really spoken with her before, only times when Mia told her that Carol was looking for her or that they were starting camp soon while she happened to be with Carl.

She was a nice girl. As she walked away from Mia, fingering the back of her head, Carol smiled at them from across camp as she made her way down to the quarry to do laundry with Amy, Andrea and Jacqui.

Dale invited Mia on top of the RV after that and she helped him keep watch for the next few hours, all the while she awaited a particular van to come in view. It never did, though. After a while, Mia climbed down the RV and decided to take a nap.