2nd❄

2nd❄

We held hands as we walked down the freezing streets of Seoul. 

I smiled at Mingyu and shyly closed the gaps between us and rested my head on his shoulder as we continued walking. 

Mingyu was never the shy one. I knew that. So when he threw an arm over my shoulder to pull me closer in, I only blushed in response while he was smiling with confidence. 

"What else have you been doing in China? I'm sure girls would have chased you," I said, trying to get my cheeks back to normal colour. 

"They did. It was tiring to deal with all of them when I only had one girl in my head," he replied, grinning as he leaned in closer and gave me a peck on the lips. 

I was surprised at first. After trying my hardest not to smile, I gave him a smack in his stomach. Which was something to take note of. He must've been working out since it felt really firm. 

What was I even saying at this very moment? Seriously, Lee Yeoreum?

"I can't say it was the same on my end. With you gone, I could entertain every other guy that found me attractive, since I'm pretty sure you leaving meant us breaking up," I said. 

Mingyu looked shocked over what I had just told him, and I only hid a grin in return. "What... You dated other guys while I was gone? I know it was wrong for me to have just left you without an explanation but I actually expected you to wait until I..."

I ended up laughing as I poked his cheek. "You're so gullible, Kim Mingyu. I was kidding about that one. How could I date other guys when I didn't even know what happened to you and why you disappeared?"

Mingyu happily pulled me into a warm embrace as he said, "Good. I won't accept it if you somehow dated someone else. I won't leave without a fight."

Well, he's been working out. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for him to win over them. In addition, his height would have already intimidate the opponent—if they were shorter than 180cm, of course. 

"Do you still live in the same apartment?" Mingyu asked all of a sudden. 

"Of course. You expect me to move out in a span of one year? Moving takes forever, Mingyu," I told him. 

"Shall I walk you back home?" he asked, trying to look charming. 

I gave him a smile in response and pinched his cheeks. "Aigoo, Kim Mingyu is as lovable as he can ever be. It's too bad I'll have to turn down your offer."

Mingyu pouted. "Why's that?"

"My family's stuck at home because they don't want to enjoy the cold. I thought they'd want to do winter sports, but it turns out they're only active during those warmer seasons where they wouldn't have to dress so thickly," I briefly told him, shaking my head in amusement. "I'm not ready to tell my parents about you yet. They'll start questioning about you non-stop."

"Aw, it isn't that bad that they want to get to know their future son-in-law," he teased, wiggling his eyebrows. 

I slapped his arm in response. "Too young, Kim Mingyu. I'm only nineteen, and you're twenty. Wait a few more years."

"Did I just sense an early yes?" Mingyu teased once more. 

I pushed his face that leaned in closer and tried to wipe the grin that was on my face. "No. I did not say anything regarding that or marriage. You're assuming too much, Kim Mingyu."

Mingyu trailed behind me like a little kid and finally threw his arms around me, giving me a warm back hug as his chin rested on my shoulder. "Will you marry me?"