5th❄

5th❄

"Merry Christmas, noona!" 

I looked up from my warm cup of hot chocolate and snapped out of my deep thoughts and found myself staring at Yeowoo, who was holding out a nicely wrapped gift in his hands. 

I smiled and took it from him, asking, "Is this for me?"

Yeowoo vigorously nodded back, looking very excited. "Yes! I bought it when I was with Minghao hyung!" 

The socks. Right. "Really? I wonder what this is..." I unwrapped the gift and found the exact same socks I saw Yeowoo hold when he asked Minghao if it was a good enough gift. I smiled and pulled Yeowoo into a hug. "Aw, thank you so much for this gift, Yeowoo! I love it."

"Mom and Dad are still sleeping, noona. Should I leave the gifts by their door?" asked Yeowoo as he climbed up the chair located around the dinning table. 

"Hmm? They're still asleep?" I wasn't exactly fully awake because I was still deep in thoughts. I've been waiting for Mingyu's call or at least a text ever since but there was still nothing. Why was it so hard to get to him? 

"Noona, are you sick?" Yeowoo asked, sounding concerned. 

"Me?" I turned my attention back to Yeowoo before giving him a sweet smile and shaking my head. "No, I'm not. Sorry, did I concern you, Yeowoo?"

"Yes." Yeowoo pouted. Using his small hand, he gave me a light squeeze before smiling a bright smile. "If noona is sick, Yeowoo will go to pharmacy and buy medicine for noona!"

I giggled ever so slightly as I gave my brother a big bear hug. "I'm not sick, so you don't have to run to the pharmacy to get me medicine."

"Noona."

I looked up from my phone—the very phone that didn't have any messages or calls from Mingyu. I started to resemble some hormonal teenage girl waiting for her crush to call after giving their number to them. "Hmm?"

"Can we meet Minghao hyung?" Yeowoo's eyes sparkled with an innocent smile. 

"What?" I was taken aback. Minghao and Yeowoo had gotten so close to each other that it even surprised me. At any rate, Yeowoo might even ask me if I would marry Minghao! I knew Yeowoo's mind like the back of my palm. "Hyung might not be available, Yeowoo."

Yeowoo pouted heavily, but he didn't give up as easily. "Can't you give hyung a call?"

"What? To ask him?" I was, again, taken aback. I didn't know my brother had a strong attachment to my Chinese friend. 

Yeowoo lightly nodded, but he hadn't ceased from pouting. 

Sighing, I finally let my phone do its work and tapped on Minghao's number. It was ringing and honestly, I wasn't expecting him to answer. In my head, I pictured Minghao still in deep sleep. The snow was falling heavily this morning. Who wouldn't sleep through that?

Of course, excluding my brother and I since we were the only ones that weren't normal this morning. 

I was about to end the call when suddenly the call went through and I heard a voice mutter a sleepy, "Hello?"

I tapped on speaker mode and said back, "Hello? Minghao?"

"Oh, Yeoreum," he answered on the other line. 

"Sorry. Did I wake you up?" I asked, apologetic. I didn't mean to ruin his plans of waking up at noon. Or something like that. 

"Yeah, but I don't mind. Merry Christmas, by the way," Minghao greeted, although he sounded sleepy and his voice was hoarse.